ppba-jc
Years ago

Phil must say - Hodge says so!

Hodge's interview with Boti Nagi reporting on Adelaide Now, as far as I am concerned says it all:

"I love Phil's coaching," Hodge said. "After playing for Phil, you have the feeling you don't want to play for anyone else."

"Phil does a good job of staying positive," Hodge said. "Phil knows when to give you freedom and when to be stern.

"I want to get back to the NBA but if that doesn't work out, I'd want to play for Phil."

IF HODGE IS HAPPY - I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY!!!!

(for the record I think Phil was doing a good job)

read the full article at this link:

Import: Hodge so at Home

Topic #14467 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

You would love Phil too if you had a limited jump shot and he is the first coach in your life who hasnt grilled you about it.

Changes need to be made. Sure Hodge has given same hope/salvage to what could have been a lot worse finish to the season but by no means makes everything all right.

Reply #170406 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Phil hasnt been that bad this season.

Reply #170407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers should take a leaf out of Dragons book and announce it soon otherwise we will miss out on free agents

Reply #170408 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

Phil could coach next year flair and abiilty can take you a long way just look at the Championships so far , but he definately needs to take a different approach, there have been a few games this year that have been winnable that we have let slide right at the clutch maybe thats the difference to being in the finals.

Reply #170421 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

i rate Hodge as potentially one of the top couple of imports we have had here, he hasnt been here long enough or won a championship or anything to surpass the others but his stats and some of his performances so far are right up with the performances we have seen of guys like Mee, KB, Farley, Rose in the past, his current stats match up or in some areas better those guys, so if possible id love to keep Hodge and see what he can do with a full season and look to have him as a key peice to rebuild around with him being only 24. If keeping phil is required to keep Hodge and say Ballinger in town, i would definatly consider doing so, as we have also improved this year, with a couple changes ie say Sutton, Dench and Copeland leaving, hopefully up grading on atleast a couple of those guys, and having a crakc at bringing Holmes and Schenscer in i can see us improving further again next season even with Phil as coach, we did come from 11th last season so 8-9th probably isnt as bad as it sounds, as you cant expect to go from 11th to being a contender in one off season, i doubt that ever happens.

A team of

C Schenscher or Cooper/Mottram
PF Ballinger/Dodman
SF Holmes/?? ideally like a Cam Tovey or Brad Hill young athletic player
SG Hodge/Ng or Burdon
PG Maher/Davidson

with Phil as coach should put us back into the top 8 and with a bit of luck the top 6 IMO

Reply #170428 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

ohh pleeeease dont turn this into ANOTHER 36ers' future thread!

Reply #170429 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Can I say this again, any louder?

PHIL WILL NOT BE COACHING THE SIXERS NEXT SEASON!!!!

Reply #170436 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Good to hear Dicko! Anyone that says he has done a good job this year is an idiot!

Reply #170438 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Wow, for whatever reason Boti really seems to love Phil, virtually never writes a bad word about him and throws in articles like this talking him up despite our terrible season. I understand he wants to promote the sport in Adelaide but I can't help but think there's another agenda with some of his articles.

Reply #170440 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

thank fark for that dicko

Reply #170446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like your team, Jonno.

I'd keep Cooper and get rid of Mottram though.

Can look at a second import when Ballinger naturalises as well.

Reply #170447 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Is that because he will be coaching the Dragons Dicko??

Reply #170450 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

wonder what odds sports bet has that at skip id put some dosh on it thats for sure

Reply #170466 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

If Phil aint coaching the sixers next season, I'd be very surprised if another NBL club didnt snatch him up.

Reply #170469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all it says is that hodge likes playing for phil not that he must stay or wouldnt play for anyone else. anyone saying anything else fails basic comprehension.

Reply #170475 | Report this post

Nathan  
Years ago

I think success in team sports comes down to matching the right coach to the right players. Phil has had great success coaching athletic type teams, the two 90's championship squads could front screen and rolls and deflect passes. (which is a HUGE problem for the current team) And he gets the best from free flowing, creative type offensive sets. So why recruit slow big men? (Coops, dench, horvath, motts etc) Ballinger is great, but not an athelete, so you can't really play him next to a big slow center in a Phil coached team.
Look at that champino squad- you had big paul rees boxing out so that darnell, brooks, the cat or even a young maher could get the carum and hit the floor running. Besides hodge, who is a genuine athelete in this sixers squad?

In conclusion; Either change the coach (not recomended)or change the recruitment of old, slow players and instead target athletic players that suit the coaching style.

Reply #170516 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

It was also good to see Schensh there at the game sitting behind the sixers and being close to a very successful coach & team tonight.

Reply #170635 | Report this post

Anon#170626  
Years ago

"Besides hodge, who is a genuine athelete in this sixers squad?"

Darren Ng

Reply #170702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:59 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754