Chopper
Years ago

Petition - Voldemort Out!

Are SA Basketball lovers dissatisfied enough to sign a petition to remove Voldemort from his Throne...... or Castle so to speak?

Topic #14491 | Report this topic

billups 1  
Years ago

um didnt we have one of these a few weeks back? and no , we do not need a petition.

Reply #170720 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Agreed Billups 1, there's like a thread every single week to sack voldemort so stop worrying.

Reply #170723 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

I SAY KEEP PHIL.

Reply #170726 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Add me to the list of people sick of petition threads.

Reply #170727 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

keep phil

Reply #170728 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

He's only worth 1 season if you sign him up again + some players need to go like Sutton.

I'd love to see a strong big man play alongside Balls and lighten his load. I want them to be strong at both offence and defence. I love the strength around the basket.

Reply #170740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe, why do you want to keep him?

Reply #170742 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Please no more petitions - they just thrashed a decent team too!

Reply #170746 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Phil for 1 more season.

Reply #170747 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Isn't that what most were saying after last season, 123abc?

Reply #170749 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Time to put a ban on the word 'petition'.....

No, not one more season. One more season would be like wanting to b*ng your ex girlfriend again. As the break-up happens you think "man, I regret not jumping her one more time, should of had one for the road"......

but then....

a new girlfriend rocks up and goes of like a frog in a sock and those old memories fade (they will fade kids) until you see your ex in the street and you think "no loss there... new moves and new grooves"

Reply #170750 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

If we keep Phil we may as well start a link between the 36'ers and Richmond. Team plan play a lot more bad games than good for 3/4's of the season, then win some games just before the end of the season to get the supporters really excited but next season just like this season will be no different than the one before.

The funny thing is, is that they both remind me of my first girlfriend. Showed me a little but never enough to keep me interested.

Great win last night, but it's time for a change.

Reply #170751 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Nicely done TR. I'm getting sick of the one more season argument. Last year it was 'lets see what happens with a new owner, new direction and more money'. Well, we tried it and now the only way we're making the play-offs is if the Taips and Blaze crumble. In other words, it's more than likely we will miss yet again....

Enough is enough.

Reply #170752 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

you can not compair us with richmond.

richmond cant even get of the bottom for god sakes.

Reply #170753 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Actually Kobe, that's exactly how the 6ers are. We suck for most of the season, now we win a few games and everyone loves Phil again and thinks next year we will be great.

Reply #170755 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

The champ33, being a big fan of Matt Sutton's I know I get a bit defensive when people have a go at him. My issue is that he works his but off at training, the coach gives him no minutes and people want to get rid of him.

Maybe if he stuffed up during a game fair enough, but even last night as soon as he got on he wore his player like a glove. Also remember that he's a point guard not a shooting guard, he's never going to get a heap of points if that's what you want.

Reply #170761 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

and if Mal does decide to got with the one year option...

well we all know the line "don't have sex with your ex"...

you go out, have a few too many jaegar bombs and then in rolls your ex....

your eyes meet across the room

she strolls over.....

she rubs your arm, you buy her a drink.....

looks sweeting into your eyes.....

whispers words into your eyes.....

and then takes your hand and leads you out the clubs....

next thing you know your in the back of a cab and she has wondering hands....

cab goes to her place and ends up cost you $50 when you've left you mates and car back in the city (lesson here kids, don't drink and drive)..

she leads you into the bedroom....

the deed is done.....

and at the end you release you've just sold your soul to the devil, have a tonne of regrets, lighter in the wallet and you haven't experienced anything new. It was the same old sh*t with the same old routine....

don't let this be the Adelaide 36ers next year....

Reply #170762 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

that should be "whispers words into your ears"

Reply #170763 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

chopper chill mate!
lets finish the season and see what happens........

as for a petition, NO CHANCE IN HELL THATS GONNA HAPPEN. we are a proud and quality club and wouldnt resort to any such thing as a petition to get rid of a coach.

Reply #170766 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

LOVE THAT ANALOGY TR!!!!!

Reply #170773 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I've always supported Phil. So do many people I know.

Reply #170799 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I've always supported TR..........

Reply #170813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if ballinger and hodge want to play for voldermort

please keep him

Reply #170819 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Sutton is not very well liked with his team. He snores too much preventing sleep and therefore making team-mates play a bad game. So many of the team said they hate rooming with Sutton @ the Zoo Family Day.

Sure he's a hard worker who lacks minutes, but I don't think he's NBL worthy. We could find better than him, perhaps Marcus Ng.

Sadly it might be time for Cooper to go also given he can only score via a dunk. We need someone aggressive who plays both ends to help compliment Balls.

Get a new coach too. We need a change.

Reply #170878 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Coops is a very efficient player, plays D, grabs boards and doesn't care about scoring. I hope he stays (if he isn't signed on for next year already) because every team needs a guy like him.

Reply #170959 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Agreed 24 - Coops is invaulable off the bench and will do all the little things that others seem to think you dont need to do (like boxing out and diving after a loose ball)
the perfect roll player for 10 - 15 mins a game and more if the main big has foul trouble

Reply #170962 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754