anon
Years ago

Appears the fat lady has sung

After Watching Brisbane get a hammering on Saturday this is disappointing to go down to the blaze - julius balls ng davo mottram - the group is there - julius must be retained at all costs all hail julius casear - the guy is all class - he will led the sixers to the promised land even if we have a coach with no name

Topic #14497 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

It all now comes down to Cairns

Dragons vs. Taipans 06-Feb
36ers vs. Taipans 09-Feb
Hawks vs. Taipans 13-Feb
Taipans vs. Crocodiles 16-Feb

If they lose all of those and we beat the Slingers we are in.

Not likely for them to lose all four tho. :-(

Reply #170931 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

oh well, imo making the finals would have only masked the underlying issues.

still would have been nice to see how we went if we played playoff ball like sat night we could have given some teams a scare

Reply #170939 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Agreed Thomo. Dont deserve to be there, a sporting team must be consistent. HODGE MUST STAY or many fans will go! Mal I'm sure as simple minded as you are about basketball, the idea of losing ticket revenue due to a player not being signed would make you proactive!

Reply #170940 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Sammy, why would you say Mal is simple minded about basketball? Im guessing you dont know his background.

Reply #170943 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

was bout to post the same thing skip.
+1 to skips post

Reply #170946 | Report this post

dee - mak  
Years ago

We have had close to a thousand more fans showing up to home games since Julius has been here. Im sure that hasnt gone un-noticed and Mal will do everything he can to re-sign him.. if he doesnt hes a f00kwit!! more bums on seats , more cash for the club, everyones happy, it's not rocket science. I personally was a very un-satisfied season ticket holder sick of watching our team showing no heart (or brains in Phil's case) and getting thumped at home, and I even just straight up missed games cos I couldnt be stuffed and I wasn't excited by what was going on at the Dome .. untill (no)J Hodge arrived with enough energy and enthusiasm to pump up the boys and get them playing with some pride and confidence. Now I wouldnt dare miss a game!! I know of at least 10 people (not season ticket holders ) who say they would strongly consider become goldmembers if Julius is on the team next season We should make Julius Hodge our player/coach ;), I think its obvious he inspires the team and gets more out of the boys then Phil does. And Jules only loves Phil as a coach because none of his other coaches gave him a green light to go 'rucker park' on these mofo's.. Get Jules and Homicide as the imports with naturalised Balls and give em Phils trademark 'GREEN LIGHT' coaching opposition would shit themselves worrying about who to try to contain and the stadium would sell out every week. Cant wait to see Jules in action again on Saturday and it better not be his last game at the Dome as a Sixer! GO 36ers! at least yall finished in 9th with style (22pt win v Syd, beat Cairns in Cairns, 36pt win v Bris) Spectacular way to finish a mediocre type season.

Giddy uP mofos!

Reply #170991 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754