MC's HammerTime
Years ago

Dream Team

I feel like an expectant mother (no jokes please) waiting for this rounds results..

I was so confident before the 36ers games, I think Hodge has ruined everything for me COZ I DONT HAVE HIM.. damnit.

Topic #14503 | Report this topic

Mantis  
Years ago

You're not alone, MC :-).

Reply #171050 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

*clicks refresh.

Nope, still on Lockout, dammit!

*resumes nervous pacing...

Reply #171052 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

haha..
I'm not confident one bit this round..

At least the people who've loaded up with Wildcats players only have one game this round, and THANK GOD Hodge doesnt have anymore double rounds..

OPEN DAMNIT!

Reply #171058 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

Finally, that felt like forever!

198th and still in 1st place.. by like 30 points.. eep.

starting 5 have 2 games each this round so thats good, unsure of Captaincy yet.

Reply #171072 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

The wildcats were pretty disappointing this week, as was Joe Ingles, who I left in instead of Penney.

Ere on the bench could prove costly, but there was really no way I would have left Redhage on out of the starting 5. I still have 2 trades up my sleeve.

Reply #171073 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

Was checking the top 10, someone has 4 wildcats players.. big mistake.. another has 3.

Even tho ballinger and Hodges are great, I think having both of them this late in the game would be a mistake.

Zero trades here, pray for no injuries.

Reply #171074 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

It's OPEN!

My score 764, and crossed the 10,000 point mark for the season at last. #228 for the week and up to #506 overall.

My team was:

Redhage(C), Ballinger, Ere, Lampley
Rogers, Jawai
Hodge, Penney, Crowe, P Crawford

Went with Ere on the bench as I wasn't sure how he'd pull up after his flight, and basically left the Captain's armband with Redhage as I couldn't decide who to give it to. Shocking weekend for my centres.

Reply #171075 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

425 for me....and 3 wins on the trot....longest winning streak for me...lol

Reply #171077 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

MANTIS - how'd you go dude?

Reply #171086 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

Woops, you posted already, sorry!

Reply #171087 | Report this post

Grizz_1  
Years ago

I GOT THE 7TH BEST SCORE THIS WEEK!

I wish i had ere captain.

118 overall im gonna crack the top 100 this week.

Reply #171160 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

I'm 8th overall, but have a number of players playing only 1 game this weekend. I'm thinking of releasing Adam Ballinger, much as I hate to do it, to free up some money as with Darnell Mee back, Jared Newson isn't going to see many minutes at the Taipans and I need some cash.

Hang in there MC, you have a very good team for the last two rounds. The Fairy King (what a name) got a great score, and obviously stuck with CJ which is pretty brave.

Reply #171180 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

813 this week- 19th overall now, not too confident about catching up with MC now (376pts) but i'm hopin to sneak into the top10.

1 trade left:

Hodge(2), Ingles(3), or Greene(3) for Kavossy.

Chook u forgot to tell us what u scored???

Reply #171183 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Since Rd.17 'Da Jules of Harlem on his way to stardom' (Hodge) has averaged 56.5pts a game. How's that for a stat MC! lol.

nice timing chook

Reply #171184 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Scored about 666 I think... Slipped down to 223 I think.... Looking forward to next season now. GOod luck MC, boys (girls)

Reply #171189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I got 679,

Team:

Bruton, Hodge, Anstey (captain), Ballinger and Barlow

Reply #171279 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

Chook - yeh wtf went on with the Fairy King?
Huge jump from 5th to 2nd this late in the game...

On the upside, only 3 of his 10 players have two games this round.

Stuck deciding on Captains, might have to have a good think about this one, tough choice between Ere and Anstey right now as Lampley seems to have taken some of the shine away from Anstey.

Reply #171294 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

I scored 792 with Anstey as captain, and jumped from 14th to 8th. I sort of agree about Lampley but think Anstey is just shooting poorly but still racking up points in other ways. He is averaging about 50, but, missing at least 20 - 30 points per game (Dream Team points of course!)

I am always nervous making a pure shooter captain. I swapped Ere for Sammy Mac in round 10, but have only once had him captain in round 11 - I normally prefer rebounders like Ballinger, but with 2 games and Anstey etc only one, Ere could be a good bet this week.

Reply #171384 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

BTW this is the best I have ever gone in the basketball - I am a bit of an Aussie Rules fan and ended up driving home a new Camry Altise in the AFL finals Dream Team comp - not bad for 4 weeks work (4 very nerve-wracking weeks mind you):

http://aflfinals11.virtualsports.com.au/

The thing about the Basketball is the Captain is so important as you only have a starting 5 and he can make all the differnce. It has really made me enjoy basketball a lot more as I only occasionally attended games, and now go with my son more often. I feel like a dwarf at most games, the crowds are full of players!

(Mod: Nice work with the car! People, never let your respective partners tell you that fantasy sport is a waste of time!)

Reply #171385 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Chook man tell me ur in on a HoopsSA footy league this year, I need the competition.

Reply #171398 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

It is a tough tossup between Ere and Anstey chook.

One other thing to consider, Ebe is facing back to back games (8th and 9th?).
Not much travelling involved, but couldn't be fantastic for conditioning (Wildcats beating Bullets then losing to Blaze the night after)

Anstey has a day between his games BUT has to fly to NZ for the first one.

Generally it concerns me if players have consecutive night games.. Hodge certainly disproved that theory dropping a triple double and then 37 odd points..

Reply #171403 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

Good point there, the rest of the 36ers looked pretty shagged really. I wonder if Ballinger was injured? Anyone have any news about his back?

BTW, did you see some of Ere's bombs from 30+ feet? Awesome to watch, but a captaincy heart-attack. Anstey is the safest option isn't he. The jet lag may have finally caught up with Ebi in the second half of his game against the 36ers.

There's a Hoops SA footy comp?? Details appreciated, though I'm not an SA resident - you Croweaters are pretty strict about allowing outsiders I beleive!

Reply #171408 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol nah Chook I'm gonna make a league when it's up, where u from anyway?

Reply #171465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chook im not sure what the go with Ballingers back is, there's no news reports etc regarding it so it was likely to just be a tweak.

Yeh Ebe is certainly somethin else, helluva player.

Ur right Anstey would be the safest option, but sometimes u must take chances!

Reply #171469 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

that last 'anonymous' was from me..

Reply #171497 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

I'm from NSW.

Reply #171652 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:22 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754