curtleyambrose
Years ago

Drewy's commentary

Drewy's grasp of pronouncing names aint great is it, he calls Nathan Jawai "Jaywa" and Darren Ng something completely wrong too (can't remeber what) and numerous other players that don't spring to mind. Other than that Drewy's gettin better, he musta been pulled aside and told not to go on big rants like he used to, i also like Carfino however his voice isn't very Marv Albert like. Something i've noticed with NBA games is how much they ignore the action on the court and talk about past games/players etc. I feel the mix at the moment in the NBL is good, at least better without Casey who calls it like a radio call.

Topic #14517 | Report this topic

balls  
Years ago

yeah he was calling him Darren Ning on the weekend. Wanted to reach through the screen and throttle him.

Reply #171269 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Worst. Commentator. Ever.

Reply #171271 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Quick thing about Drewy on Saturday night.

While doing the Keno Competition at halftime on Saturday night. Andrew was standing out in the court about to do some sorta halftime talk for Fox.

Bonz has asked the Keno Competetion winner how many baskets he is gonna nominate to hit out of 20 fouls shots. The guy nominates 6 shots.

Drewy turns around to me with the most puzzled look on his face and says...

"Only 6? Thats Easy?!?!"

The guy hit 2!!

Reply #171283 | Report this post

sween  
Years ago

As is for all soft pop video shows, basketball is best watched without sound.

Reply #171288 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, and that woman could nominated anyone to shoot for her, right? Surely she might've wanted to pick someone who could make the distance on a free throw?

Reply #171289 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Yep. heck, I would have found the best basketballer I could find and toss him a couple of hundred bucks!

Maher wasnt doing anything that night!

Surely the guy would have gone to a park and had a couple of practice shots and realised this was gonna be a struggle.

Reply #171290 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Derrr, Andrew, wanna shoot for me

Reply #171298 | Report this post

drewy  
Years ago

dont be hard on the man. He makes the game a pleasure to watch.

Reply #171359 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754