Mich
Years ago

36ers give away free tickets

Can't say I was too pleased hearing about Adelaide 36ers giving away 150 free tickets to each district club for last Saturday nights home game. As great as it made the atmosphere, what do us Gold Season ticket holders get paying $ 640 each season for our 2 seats???

Topic #14534 | Report this topic

fess  
Years ago

Please!!!! so as a promotion to get more kids along to the game & promote the club they give away free tickets for one game.build a bridge and get over yourself

Reply #171421 | Report this post

Grote 82  
Years ago

Mich I don't know this for sure but I think you have that a little wrong. I sit in the East stand and have different people sitting near me every game. I heard that the Sixers did a deal with Coke and the local clubs offering each club 150 discounted tickets for a designated game.

These seats are all behind the backboard at the East end and if anything I think this sort of thing should be encouraged not frowned upon.

Just my two cents.

Reply #171422 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

SO THE SIXers and coke do a promotion for grass roots basketball and somebody has a moan - hey get over it - maybe dont buy your season ticket and instead wait for your freebie - if youre lucky to be able to buy a gold ticket or 2 thats your good fortunate
dont bemoan the sixers or coke or whoever when they give something back - and by the way they were free - my understandsing clubs been on selling as a promotion -
Well done on the promotion

Reply #171425 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Great promotion....im a season ticket holder, and I feel i get more of my own moneys worth when the stadium is packed. Defintely better off giving the tickets to the kids, because one day they will be the ones buying Gold class tickets....hopefully without any complaints!

Reply #171432 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Short Memory Mich!!
The District clubs 'owned' the 36ers. They did not cause the debt but had to keep forking out money to BASA and put up with things such as sub-standard conditions in most stadiums, high fees, withdrawal of insurance etc.
To see the new management of 36ers give something to these clubs should be applauded. By the way, there was a trade-off with Coke sponsorship, whereby I am sure that the 36ers were well compensated. This sponsorship should see your season ticket cost for next season remain the same.

Reply #171444 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

what do us Gold Season ticket holders get paying $ 640 each season for our 2 seats???
Guaranteed seats to every game in a good position?

If you won freebies in a giveaway, pass them on to a friend to get more people to games.

I have always thought that giveaways/promos involving the local clubs was a must so well done to whoever organised it - filling the seats behind the basket near the main entrance especially is a good move.

Reply #171457 | Report this post

Locals  
Years ago

Mich, most district clubs actually sell the tickets to their members as a fundraiser so its not like they are getting a free ride. SOme clubs offer them to their junior coaches for free. I can guarantee coaching a junior district team costs alot more than $640 per season. The tickets are given to each district club on a rotational basis. BAsically its kids that go and the seats are not that good.

Reply #171480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks like mich is getting drilled

Reply #171483 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Our club gave the tickets to our Coaches and Team Managers and families as a thank you for all the hard work they put in during the year. They were greatly appreciated and some that have never been to a sixers game got an experience that they may never have had otherwise. Some of our Coaches cannot afford like you Mich to pay for gold seats or any tickets for that matter, but put in year in year out for our Club. And the drilling continues..............

Reply #171754 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:38 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754