Statman
Years ago

Dragons v Taipans (spoilers)

Hmmmm looks like the Sixers finals chances arnt dead just yet....

Dragons 95 over Taipans 90

Topic #14554 | Report this topic

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Yeah how about that i was quite surprized dragons got up 2 upset taipans.

Reply #171724 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

now its go hawks LOL

Reply #171729 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

stats long time no chat as well :P

Reply #171730 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Taipans 3 remaining games are 2 on the road including Adelaide this Saturday and 1 at home against a higher ranked team. I thought we had nothing to play for this Saturday. It may turn out to be a critical game. Never say never.

Reply #171732 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

This should hopefully mean a massive turnout this Saturday.

I'd love to see 6500+

Still a play off chance.

Possibly Phils last home game.

Possibly last chance to see Hodge.

Spread the word! Get everyone to the Dome!

Reply #171734 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, last NBL game in Australia for Copeland also.

Cairns have been pretty poor this season. Very expensive roster, now have their full team together, and lost to the bottom side. Could be heading for an elimination final or nothing if they don't get their act together!

Reply #171738 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Let's pray they don't get their act together. The 36ers have been playing some good basketball lately. The games that have hurt them the most are the exhaustive away games or the ones prior to Hodge. If they could be given this one last dying chance, they could possibly take it further than the first elimination round. They have the team to do it.

Reply #171742 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

How could I forget that!!!
Also Cat & Mee returning to town and Big Jawai as well!

I'd be getting some print and radio ads whipped up promoting all of those things ASAP.

No reason we cant at least go out with a Bang!

Reply #171743 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

skip, no one is going out with a bang just yet.

Reply #171746 | Report this post

Grizz_1  
Years ago

BEST DRAGONS GAME IVE BEEN TO THIS YEAR

groves ingles hendrix holmes martin all fantastic

OUR D ON JAWAI WAS AWESOME. MAYB GETTING RID OF HAMMER WAS A GOOD THING

Reply #171748 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

omg u are exactly right ec NEVER SAY NEVER, so say if we beat Cairns, then beat Singapore, and Cairns lose to Townsville and who else does cairns have to play? will we make the playoffs?

Reply #171749 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Cairns have us Saturday
Hawks @ Woolongong on Wednesday
and then the Crocs at home on Saturday.

all loseable games.

Reply #171751 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

13 consecutive losses, sack the coach and come out and win! I mentioned that sixers should wait 'till after this game.

Reply #171757 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Holy Crap will someone give Larry Abney a freakin call he was getting pounded everytime he went up.

Reply #171762 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

....and did you notice the elbow Cat received from Hendrix, the guitar playin' MoFo.

Reply #171778 | Report this post

OohAhhEre!  
Years ago

Don't cry for Catilini, he is an extremely dirty player, even when he was playin for the 6ers. He's a rat.

Reply #171779 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

That was a huge elbow and cat had a shiner in seconds, i lol'd - its usually the other way around

Reply #171812 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Dream on boys..No way Taipans will not win another game. After last night a lot of heads are on the chopping block. They'll win at least 2 of the last 3 games.

Reply #171843 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Qlder, Taipans lost to a low ranking team last night, they were beaten by the 36ers in their own home, so one would think the 36ers can take care of them here as well. Why not, they have done it to better teams. The Taipans play one more game at home to a higher ranked team and 1 more on the road to a team ranked higher than the Dragons which they lost to last night.

It will take a miracle for the 36ers to make the playoffs, but they are not dead yet. In fact, I wouldn't mind betting that this is playing heavily on Phil's mind and hence he wants to take about a week off before deciding whether to apply for the 36ers coaching job. He hasn't quite given up on this season and conceded defeat.

All you PS bashers, I would love to hear your comments on what you would say if all this led to a championship for the 36ers this season. The remote possibility is still there. Would PS suddenly become your hero? Why not, if he wins another championship?

Let's look at it in terms of the team and what they are capable of. The worst games these last few weeks have been the ones where they have not even had a day to get over the previous game before playing again. We have Maher back, Hodge is playing like an NBL player possessed by the devil, Ballinger is consistently brilliant, Ng has stepped up 20 notches since Maher's absence, Davidson is a mini tornado on court that is unstoppable. They play this Saturday after a week's rest. They have 4 days again before playing in Singapore. The only thing stopping this team is actually making the playoffs and the blame for that lies in not winning enough games in the earlier part of the season due to perseverance with Chappell.

Reply #171983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and who persevered with chappell??

this team should've walked into the playoffs. not limped in a game under .500 because the taipans can't even beat south.

a championship would be a great exit but doesn't change my opinion of the situation.

Reply #171997 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

EC, if the Sixers win a championship this season I'll quit my job, get a sex change and try to make the Lightening team for 2009.

Reply #172000 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

You would make the perfect replacement for Jenny Whittle doc. Knock the occasional three and then step inside for your patented skyhook.

Reply #172004 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doc, after Cairns lost to the Dragons, Adelaide shortened from $801 to $251. You could throw on a $50 insurance bet to cover the costs of your upcoming operation... ;)

Reply #172006 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I like how Adelaide have SHORTENED to $251. Sums up the season really.

Reply #172008 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Got to love it, one loss to the Dragons and we go from $801 to $251. This speaks volumes about what I am trying to say about the glimmer of hope of still making it all the way. I wonder what it will shorten to after a 36ers win tomorrow night?

Reply #172128 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It is still at $251 this morning. I think the stronger factor is Cairns needing to lose two games.

Reply #172394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:46 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754