JV Coach
Years ago

Supercats appeal over Herbert unsuccessful

The supercats have reported that they were unsuccessful in their appeal over Nathan Herbet's status. With Reardon, Brebner and Bridgewater (the import) plus young Chris Brown (who was looking promising) all gone, that only leaves a core group of 7 senior players (Owusu, Lenoard, Cox, Herbert, Myers, Medved and George), plus 2 signed bench players (Bow and Van Parren), how far will the supercats go this year?

Is there still time to sign another couple of bigish names to the club before tip off, or do they bring in 3 more young blokes and try and develop the next 3 peat?

See www.supercats.com.au for more details.

Topic #14574 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Bridgewater got the chop?

Reply #172025 | Report this post

JV Coach  
Years ago

Yep, Myers and Herbert over Bridgewater. Apparently bridgewater knew about the herbert situation before he signed, so I guess there was a clause in his contract that stated should herberts appeal be unsuccessful the contract would terminated.

Reply #172026 | Report this post

oldcat2  
Years ago

Supercats chasing Matt Smith. Need him in my opinion. Very small line up if can't secure him.

Reply #172030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Smith chasing Supercats.

Reply #172044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who cares

Reply #172134 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

Agree. Why all the Supercat posts on a SA website? Just a question but aren´t they from Victoria. Don´t you have a forum there?

Reply #172137 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

So applying your theory, we wouldnt be able to discuss NBA, Europe basketball, or NBL teams apart from 36ers... I think it should be encouraged to talk about all levels from all regions. Dont read it if you dont like it.

Reply #172149 | Report this post

Go Cats  
Years ago

Yeah, its Issac's fault he's created a forum that everyone likes... stop hating and talk HOOPS not just how sloppy the 6ers ar.

Matt Smith = bad move, unreliable big who is super limited. He's the new Jason Williams of the NBL, played 5 years+ and still have eyes like a 'deer in the headlights' look.

Reply #172153 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

No, I´m just saying news over the roster of the Supercats is not breaking news. I do not think it needs a thread. But when you have a fan base over there reading and using this forum to discuss the Supercats then more power to you. But if you posting to keep SA fans updated on the roster situation of the Supercats then IMO there is not a huge interest over here.

Reply #172201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This forum is open to more than SA news recently and will keep moving in that direction. The new site will allow members to filter topics to avoid those they're less interested in (e.g., interstate topics for example).

Reply #172388 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754