Isaac
Years ago

TSN NBA Fantasy Season 2 - join now

Anyone interested in joining an NBA Fantasy comp at The Sporting News?

Season 2 starts immediately after the All Star Game break, but you'll want to start picking your opening roster over the next week or so.

There is not a draft board. Instead, you have $35m to spend on six players (2G, 2F, 1C, 1 sixth man) - team managers can each sign the same guy, unlike draft-style comps. You can split your $35m via 6 $5-6m guys, or have 2-3 stars and then cheap benchies/role players.

You get given two trades per week to use in adjusting your roster to account for injuries, etc. These carry over, so you can keep trades spare, or burn them and hope no one gets injured.

Player costs rise and fall based on their demand in the game. e.g., buy a player before he has a heavy schedule or patch of good games, and you can sell him to make profit - good managers in Season 1 (pre-ASG) can get their rosters from $35m to $45-60m. Season 2 is shorter, so more about going for points (TSNP) rather than roster value (RV) to get stronger players.

Once you're in, you'll have access to the player pricing, schedule, etc.

TSNP is calculated as per the "HSA" thing I used to use for ABL stats: points + 1.5*rebounds + 2*assists + 2.5*(steals+blocks) - 0.5*(FT missed + FG missed) - turnovers.

League: Hoops.com.au
Password: "none" (the actual word "none")

Topic #14575 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Hey, 123 - you can edit your team name - I think you put the league name in as your team name by mistake.

We have 4 competitors so far.

Another update: I should clarify that your sixth man can be someone of any position. Doesn't need to be a bench player. If you can afford it, you can have LeBron as your 6th man. You can also shuffle around players who are GF and FC at any time (unlike Sportal's league) and use your trades at any time that games are currently not playing. Trading at nights is generally best. While you're assembling your team before the game starts, you have unlimited trades, so muck around until you get a combination that you're happy with.

Reply #172035 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

What's the league name?

Reply #172102 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Yeah i did, while some how adding a second team :P. Is there a way to delete a team?

C Mihm
F Bynum
F James
G Byrant
G Parker

Gees, i have 4 LA Lakers players, that can't be good.

Reply #172108 | Report this post

Colin  
Years ago

I've entered a team that I reckon looks OK.

Calderon - Tor
D. Williams - Uta
Stoudemire - Pho
Granger - Ind
B. Miller - Sac
Carter - Den

When is the start of the "season"?

Reply #172170 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Season runs from just after the ASG until the end of the regular season. Use the Schedule Analyzer under one of the menus as that is a real key to the game.

123, not sure how to delete a team, sorry. Two of your Lakers are currently injured, by the way!

Reply #172389 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:38 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754