kad
Years ago

NG to play next season?

Adelaide owner says club on the up

"Darren Ng has put in a huge effort so Darren is a fundamental part of our team too."

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it, but that sounds like he is a chance to play next season?

Topic #14577 | Report this topic

Giraffe 91  
Years ago

I thought he was taking another year off to complete his medical studies.

Reply #172041 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Darren has 6 months remaining to complete his Medical Degree. Unknown whether he will be able to do that before next season. IMO Darren should be high on the resigning list given the fact he has proven his abilities, against high powered teams, when given the court time.

Reply #172056 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Ng would be a complete fool if he did not complete his medical studies.

If he doesn't do it in the next 6 months he pretty much has to start again.

Reply #172059 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

As much as I'd love to see Darren play on, I think he's best to focus on the medical studies or juggle both. But he must study again otherwise he'll lose what he has learnt.

Reply #172083 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah really must complete his studies. Maybe we can sign him and bring him in during the tail of the season if its possible once his uni commitments are over.

Reply #172092 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

NG...complete ur studies son

40+ years working in medicine

10+ years in bball

Weight up ur options

For me it wou;d be in medicine

Reply #172110 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Mal sounds more pessimistic about this season than the fans have been with this statement -

"This game will be the last game of the season at this stadium with them coaching and there's no surety they are going to be here next year," he said."

At this very point in time its not necessarily the last game at this stadium this season. We are still staring at the very remote possibility that we win the next 2 games and Cairns lose the next 3 games. If that happens, and the 36ers start winning some elimination games, eventually there will be another home game. Hemmerling has not looked that far ahead.

Reply #172112 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

in fairness to Mal it does look unlikely we will sneak in the 8, Phil has also conceeded that and most fans conceded that a few weeks ago. If it happens great, and heres hoping we can win a play off game or 2 but yea i think they should definatly be looking forward to next year.
but heres hoping the miracle comes true and we sneak in the 8!!

Reply #172114 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

btw i would do anything possible to get Ng back he looks like he could be a quality NBL player!
If he only has 6 months left of medicine say he starts in march, he would finish in September wouldnt he???
If thats the case wouldnt he only miss the first month of NBL tops??? and even whislt studying im sure he can do some trainiing and games, i say sign him up and give him his time off and flexibilty to complete his degree, and whilst he is out studying give Burdon his spot for the games he misses.

Reply #172115 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

EC, read what you just wrote. We are relying on a team to lose all three of their final games, for us to even have any hope at all. We've been prolonging the inevitable for weeks now. What Mal said is more realistic than pessimistic.

Reply #172120 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I did say we are staring at the very remote possibility, so for that reason nothing is certain yet. Realistically I agree with Mal also but I don't think he should close the door just yet. The inevitable that is being prolonged for weeks will be prolonged further tomorrow night if the 36ers get the much anticipated win. When you look at it that way, it only needs to be prolonged for 2 more occasions to turn it into a reality.

Reply #172124 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think special consideration should be given to Darren by the medicine school in relation to delaying further study, however, for the safety of his future patients I think he should have to earn it.

Here is my proposal.

Darren and the Head of Medicine (HoM) go head to head, mano et mano, one on one in an epic game of HORSE. But not on the basketball court, that would be ridiculous, I'm talking about on the operating table. HoM removes an appendix using only his left hand, Darren has to do the same. HoM performs a Cedric Ceballos style blindfolded heart surgery, Darren does likewise. HoM performs a breast augmentation on the left breast, Darren has to replicate it on the right. I think you get the idea.

If a stalemate is reached then the tie breaking event will be a stitching race. Once a suitable candidate comes into ER, ideally shark attack or similar, Darren starts one end, the HoM starts the other and it's a race to stitch up to the middle of the wound. Game on.

Should Darren win these events then he will have proved himself to the medical community and be granted an extension in his studies.

You know it's the right thing to do.

Reply #172221 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Im not darren ng...obviously, but if i were him i would complete my studies next yr then go back to playing basketball. Your medical career will be there when basketballs finished, why not have fun doing what u love doing!

Reply #172289 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:36 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754