Ebi Ere
Years ago

Chris Anstey-Surely no MVP?

I will be very annoyed if Anstey gets MVP this season. IMO, Anstey just isn't MVP Material. Ebi Ere, however, is MVP Material.

I think Adam Ballinger is more deserving of the MVP Crown than Anstey, but of Course Balls won't get it due to the fact that the Sixers probably won't even make the Playoffs.

Of course Anstey is the leading rebounder, but he is 7 Foot tall!! His game isn't exactly smooth nor fundamentally sound and his jumper isn't that pretty.

What does everyone else think about Anstey-MVP Material? If not who is your MVP?

Topic #14581 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Ere or Balls for MVP in my books baby.

Anstey don't deserve it, but still a good player.

Reply #172080 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

IMO..Anstey is the best player in the league, but..only seen him a couple of times on TV this year..so???

Reply #172086 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

What happens if julius has two more big games.

Reply #172087 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Anstey's been just great this year - 21/12/3/2 blk/1.5 stl. Are sure that 'not MVP material' doesn't actually mean 'I don't like the guy'?

Balls won't get it, 36ers just haven't been good enough. Niether will Hodge. MVP has to play at least half of the season, I'd say!

Ebi will definately be right beside Anstey, I don't think either would be a poor choice.

Reply #172089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't have Anstey play for the Boomers !!!!

He is selfish, unacountable and wouldn't play against the kiwi's to qualify. He is no MVP either.

Ebi all the way.

Reply #172095 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

Anstey is an awesome force, no dount, but I don't think he deserves MVP this year. His second half of the season has been ordinary, his shooting off, but I doubt I would ever call him selfish really. He gets a couple of assists a game.

I think Ebi has it pretty much sewn up - Redhage is a bit inconsistent and goes missing, but if you're looking for a few smokies, Kirk Penney, Jawai or a couple of Blaze in Crowe or Harvey, but pretty unlikely.

Reply #172098 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Going by numbers, Anstey is the MVP by far but the way Ebi has stepped up in the absence of SammyMac and carried that team has been amazing.

Theres no doubt Anstey is one of the leagues best players but Ebi deserves the Hummer.

Reply #172107 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Anstey has the ability to dominate a game in so many ways.
Ebi will keep the scoreboard ticking over better than anyone else in the league, he does however take a LOT of shots.
Redhage is just so solid but not quite enough to beat the 2 guys mentioned above.
Ballinger needs more wins.

Penney is such a great shooter and smart player, he should rank somewhere near redhage.

I think Ebi will get MVP and deserves it the most out of anyone in the league. He has the ability to score at will and his percentages are just crazy in some games.

Reply #172111 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

I think that Ebi should take it given his numbers at a position that is loaded with good players all around the league.
Sure he takes alot of shots, but to be able to take over the game in the way he does is unbelievable...

Anstey on the other hand is having a great season as well, but there aren't many players like him in the league...

Reply #172130 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

It depends.... coaches vote for the mvp after each match, so who knows if Joey Wright has given Ebi 5 points each game, he seems to love the boy..... Anstey is leding by av. numbers

Reply #172136 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Chris Anstey is the worst shooter in the NBL IMO. He has such an ugly shot, while Ebi Ere is trigger happy(He shoots alot). Julius Hodge has an ugly jumpshot and I don't want to see him in a 36ers uniform ever again.

Ballinger is however pretty handy. I admire his work ethic and he usually shoots the ball at a high clip. TwentyFour: To think Julius Hodge won't get MVP is a joke. I totally disagree with your comment! He has to win it surely. I remember seeing his triple-double against the Bullets!

I would much rather see a system where there is no MVP award. The NBL needs to get things sorted out fast.

Reply #172309 | Report this post

Ebi Ere  
Years ago

DJ, those comments are a bit harsh, don't you think
julius Hodge won't get MVP, as like 24 said, he has only played half the season.
also, the Mvp award IMO is neccessary. I dont think it needs to be scrapped. The nbl has some probelms, but overall it isnt that bad-still good entertainment.
YOUR right with balls he is a good player, thats for sure

Reply #172310 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw, if it's coaches votes per game.
If its points,rebounds,assists then wud be Julius.

Reply #172315 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wondered the other day if Kirk Penney might be a chance? Wouldn't have had a lot of competition for MVP votes from other players (especially once Rickert was injured). Could be a dark horse - remember Wethers won it playing for a team outside the top four.

Reply #172393 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Anstey deserves it

Reply #173527 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754