justin
Years ago

36ers talking to Ballinger and Hodge

On channel nine tonight, it was said that the sixers were already in talk's with Ballinger and Hodge for next season. Dont know how true it is. But if it is true, it's nice to see them getting on the front foot for a change.

Topic #14583 | Report this topic

thomo  
Years ago

one can only hope, at least its a start :)

Reply #172106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great news, heres hoping they both sign on! id be happy to see these 2 as our imports for the next few years! i dont think you are going to find much better than either of them.
Hodge wants a crack at the NBA, but i say sign him with NBA out clauses, and hope from a 36ers point of view he doesnt get a NBA gig, its a risk and could end up like Newley but being a top notch import i say its worth it and imports are generally the easiest to replace.

Reply #172113 | Report this post

as-def-ji-kal  
Years ago

my reliable source (relation to hodge) says that hodge has been getting a few calls from NBA and a lot of calls from the European teams.

Reply #172140 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hodge WILL NOT be with Adelaide next season. His hopes and dream's are the NBA and as with anyone they want and need to earn $$$ the NBL cannot afford to hold players of Hodge's calibre.

Not to sure if too many NBA clubs would give him another shot without a vast improvement on that jumpshot, but he should get a Euro gig pretty easily for a heap more $$$ than Adelaide could ever hope to offer him.

Reply #172143 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i feel the same way, i would love for him to stay but euro is calling. How he even got drafted with that jumpshot is amazing to me, i know they have the best coaches to help him out but it has zero form and you need something to work with. I would not mind holding ballinger and trying to get groves to fill the starting 2/3 spot, bring brett off the bench and go after another import when ballingers papers come through.

Reply #172154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like your conviction DJ....unfortunately, I think the only person who knows %100 what Julius Hodge is gonna do next season is Julius Hodge. So until I hear that he's not gonna re-sign...I'll continue to hope for the best.

As for Ballinger, it's good to see that they're getting onto it quickly...we really need to retain him.

Reply #172156 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I hope Hodge stays but yea wouldnt be surprised if he got better offers overseas.
If he does leave id be happy to get a Cortez Groves or Dave Thomas to fill the import spot.
Hodge would be my priority until he tells us he is not interested they should be doing everything they can to convinve him to stay.

Reply #172157 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

as-def-ji-kal, Hodge also said when he first arrived here that he didn't like it in Europe. Its tough and if you don't win you don't get paid. Hopefully for us he will like the atmosphere and stabiiity here in Australia more.

Reply #172174 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Australia more specifically Adelaide.

Reply #172198 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"if you don't win you don't get paid" - I'm not sure that's entirely true EC!

Reply #172219 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Ballinger and Hodge play so well together, it has been unbelievable.

Ballinger:

vs Sydney 40
vs Perth 9
@ Wollongong 10
@ Brisbane 18
vs Melbourne 14
@ Cairns 36
vs Brisbane 45
@ Gold Coast 12

Hodge:
vs Sydney 23
vs Perth 16
@ Wollongong 33
@ Brisbane 15
vs Melbourne 14
@ Cairns 37
vs Brisbane 35
@ Gold Coast 41

Reply #172225 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Hodge won't sign anything here until the coaches are appointed. If the present ones miss out, he won't play here.

Reply #172227 | Report this post

Anon#170626  
Years ago

Fill,

Where did you pick that up?...... The Advertiser!

Reply #172229 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Fill - Thats a load of rubbish

Reply #172233 | Report this post

Ostrich  
Years ago

What was the announcement upstairs after the game regarding Ballinger and Hodge that Bonz said was going to happen upstairs ? I missed the first bit upstairs but didn't hear anything. Was Bonz just trying to build up all our hopes that they had both resigned before the game ?
Also I was sure that there was going to be an announcement before the game when Mal thanked Phil and Steve for the last 10 years service.... I was thinking here it comes, but it turned out to be just a bit of a back slapping excercise, It also highlighted how badly Mal needs to get a haircut.
He's starting to look like one of those sheep dogs from bugs bunny... morning Ralf, morning Sam (as they clock on and clock off)

Reply #172265 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i thought he was just saying that hodge, and ballinger, were just going to be interviewed upstairs

Reply #172267 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Mal can't afford a haircut. He is putting all his hair cut money onto the team for next season.

Reply #172269 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

joshuapending....Hodge has averaged a near triple double without a jumpshot. He adds plenty to the rest of the team without it. If he had that too what a bonus!

Reply #172301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754