Kobe 25
Years ago

Replacement Coach?

I saw NBA player and ex Laker legend Sedale Threatt sitting on the sixers bench last night, could he be a possible replacement for Phil? He would bring 14 years of NBA experience! New Blood why not?

Topic #14593 | Report this topic

Hoops 54  
Years ago

I think he was only there because he is good mates with Lanard. Mark Davis, Lanard and Sedale do the Mark Davis basketball camps together.

Reply #172260 | Report this post

Kobe 25  
Years ago

Yeah but on the bench?

Reply #172261 | Report this post

Hoops 54  
Years ago

Peter Fiddes from And1 was sitting on the bench next to Sedale. Does that mean he's also going for the coaching position, or will he be assistant ? :)

Reply #172271 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I notice Sedale and couldn't think of his name. Thanks for confirming that info.

Reply #172272 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I saw Paul Welbourn sitting on the end of the bench does that mean he is applying for the coaching job?

Reply #172276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sedele was there as support for Lanard - great mates and it was his last game.

Some coaches let this happen, as it's a great honour.

Sedele = new coach. NO!!!!

Reply #172278 | Report this post

Kobe 25  
Years ago

Would he say no if he were asked. I mean look at the guys experience, he lives in Australia and If I had to pick out of him or Ninnis i would take him any day. Imagine the development of the young guys. Fiddes was not on the bench and Welbourne is an established NBL drink technician.

Reply #172279 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Wow, speaking of the devil.... I found an old Sedale Threat card from his Laker days not that long ago, god knows how old it is!

As for him being the new coach, I don't think Mal would sit the new coach on the bench with Phil. Imagine how that would've gone over!

Reply #172285 | Report this post

yvonne  
Years ago

Sedale sitting on the bench on this page:

http://yvonnemilbank.com/gallery.cfm?pn=7&&d=Sport/NBL

Reply #172292 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

Link to Fiddes photo sitting next to Sedale - might not have been there all game though Kobe.

http://www.damrob.com.au/gallery2/v/Basketball/NBL/NBL+2007_2008/Rd+21/Adelaide+36ers+v+Cairns+Taipans+09-02-2008/20080209_nbl_252.jpg.html

Reply #172294 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I saw Matt Sutton sitting at the end of the bench, do you think he may be a chance to coach next year?

Reply #172295 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

defintly VC

Reply #172296 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Phil Smithe was there too - maybe he will be the coach next season :)

Reply #172297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hell, I noticed Phil on the bench last night (strange, I know!) and we don't even know if HE'S appling for the job next year!

Reply #172307 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

Something about to be on Channel 9 about Phil and last nights game.

Reply #172323 | Report this post

Years ago

Kobe 25, I am trying really hard not to discredit your thread but do you have any knowledge about Threatt as a Coach?
Absolutely not because you would not have started such a ridiculous thread otherwise.
NBA experience is obviously a highly respected and enviable thing but you draw a long bow to think that it automatically translates to being a good coach and even a longer one to suggest 'Imagine the development of the young guys'.
He has been in Australia for several years and would have been snapped up by now if he was even worth half a chance one would think.

Reply #172330 | Report this post

If Hodges and Ballinger are resigned ,then the current coach will be reappointed.

To create a team , the owners will then recruit the remaining players based on whether they are capable of playing his style of game.

This is an entertainment business not a basketball academy .

Reply #172342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know both sedale and pete. Phil asked them to sit on the bench.. as suport for lanard and as a sign of respect.. There is no chance at all of either of them being a new coach for the 36ers.

Sedale was at another home game a few weeks ago, but said no to phil when he asked him to sit on the bench. He only sat there for lanard. Can guarantee he will be having a good laugh at peolpe thinking this though!! cheers for prooving his reason of why he doesn't like to sit on the bench at the game!! lol!!

Reply #172377 | Report this post

selection panel  
Years ago

My question is...who is interviewing/selecting the coach? Is it Mal who knows very little about baskebtall or is it Paul Bauer who is known to be biased towards mates and perhaps vindictive towards someone who could be a threat or is it to be an experience selection panel of ex players who have had board level or business experience? I suggest the last option but bet it doesnt happen that way!

Reply #172382 | Report this post

Edinburgh 61  
Years ago

Or Eddie...

Reply #172396 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:37 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754