new name please
Years ago

Hodge to be offered Huge offer from rival NBL team

Can't say who it is but they are getting ready to nab him for next season, they will offer an NBA out clause.

Topic #14595 | Report this topic

as-def-ji-kal  
Years ago

hodge wont leave the 36ers, if he plays in the NBL.

i know for sure that he's got calls from European teams, and a few NBA teams have contacted him (for summer league games im guessing).

hodge wants to be in the NBA, and what he's doing right now is getting him there, so i can't see him moving. And also he loves Adelaide, and is great mates with everyone in the team.

Reply #172280 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

as-def-ji-kal summed it up.

hodge WONT leave the sixers.

its sixers or nba basiclly.

he loves adelaide and well im kinda confident he will be here nexr season along with ballinger.

Reply #172282 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

If Julius doesn't go into the NBA, I honestly think he will want to stay here. You can tell he loves it here, he loves his team-mates, wants to help his team-mates play better, and more importantly, he loves the fans, and vice versa.

I doubt it if any money could sway him from going to another NBL club if he feels like he could seriously help bring Adelaide back to the glory days, where everybody feared coming to the Dome, and respected us when we played on the road. I saw the smile on his face and the love of Adelaide in his eyes last night after the game... they were genuine signs that he wants to stay here as much as possible, and it will take more than just money to get him to leave the 36ers.

Only a serious offer from an NBA club will be able to get him to leave here.

HE WILL STAY!

Reply #172284 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

I love how everyone's an expert. How many threads have there been in the last week or so claiming Hodge or Ballinger is going to sign/not sign?

All we know is that his dream is still NBA; but you'd have to think that since he's a player who seemingly loves the crowd involvement, Adelaide would be a perfect fit. Our average crowds are bigger than many other NBL teams sellout crowds; and our sellout of 7000 last night was absolutely mind blowing. You'd have to be naive to think that Hodge is not one of the main reasons for the increase in attendance, given the way he's been performing.

Reply #172286 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Rychart was never going to play for any other NBL club either. He had made great friendships here in Adelaide as well and said he wouldn't play anywhere else. The power of money is amazing.

Reply #172288 | Report this post

David Tyree  
Years ago

The power of money is amazing. But for a player like Rychart (who is a great player, just in a completely different mold to Hodge), if a big offer comes he has to take what he can get as he doesn't know if that amount will ever come around again.

A player like Hodge with his skill set, who has NBA experience, is obviously going to have high money offers coming from all over the globe so he has the advantage to let his personal feelings way more into the matter as he's more then likely going to be able to pick up great money where ever he goes.

This is all speculation, and yes he does seem to love playing here but ultimately we have no idea what he really feels he needs to do as the next step of getting back to the NBA which as he has stated, is his number 1 goal at the moment.

Reply #172291 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

Nah EC I'm not sure it was money that made Dusty leave, I heard he only left to get away from some middle aged women that kept stalking him.

Reply #172293 | Report this post

as-def-ji-kal  
Years ago

uhhm...

i hope he doesn't read this, but he's quite loaded, and i dont think the money offers in the Australian NBL would make any difference for him.

he made like 1-3 million getting drafted into the NBA as the first draft pick, and got more through getting traded and then being bought out (waived). he had a quite nice contract playing in Italy. and also don't forget his sponserships.

i honestly doubt a couple of hundred thousands or whatever salary they have in Australia would make the difference.

btw: Hodge told me that he has never had a coach like Phil before... the coaches he had in the NBA such as George Karl would scream and embarrass him in front of team mates.

Reply #172299 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

so all you fools knows whats best for hodge.money talks for an american baller.he goes where the money is followed by an nba call

Reply #172303 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

smae goes for dusty farley mee and the rest

Reply #172304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I can understand Hodge liking Phil so much. In the NBA the coaches are aminly uptight, super strict idiots who never smile and phil is a great guy who's relaxed and jokes around but still takes his job seriously. I've seen lots of videos talking about rookies in the nba and coaches always seem to be yelling at them and embarassing them at practice and at time outs. Saw one with George Karl screaming a Hodge. Why would you want to make your player unhappy.

Reply #172305 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

How many times have we heard, If I'm playing in the NBL it's with Adelaide.

Bradtke, Stiff, Brooks, Mee, Dusty, Cattalini.

Some people forget this is there job and pro-sport has a short life span. These guys need to chase the $$ not just the glory.

Players will tell club and fans what they want to hear but end of the day it's business.

Reply #172306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ's dead right but on the other hand I've never seen someone enjoy themselves playing at the dome more than Hodge. I've never seen anyone who loves the Adelaide crowd much and they just don't have crowds like that interstate. I'm fairly sure that he's either going to be playing in Europe or NBA (most likley options) of not Sixers.

Reply #172316 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Hodge basically ruled out Europe in the media, so if he doesn't get in to the 'big show', why would he go to an NBL club for more money instead of Europe?

Only Hodge knows what he is going to do...

Reply #172321 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Comparing George Karl and Phil is pointless, IMO. There, he was a rookie, playing for a coach that is notorious for being a hard ass. Here, he's the best player in the league. Of course he's going to enjoy Phil more than Karl....

Reply #172338 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

pro sportsman...will play where it best suits his career

Reply #172340 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Alot of people don't like Euro Ball due to langauge barriers, poor conditions, extremely high expecatations etc etc.

Australia is a great place to live but the money is just crap.

To Anon 172316,
Sure Hodge is enjoying himself at the dome, but how do we know it isn't just Hodge enjoying himself in Australia in the NBL - city/venue not necessarily influencing that.

IF IF IF we are any chance of re-signing Hodge and Ballinger we need a coaching decision ASAP.
Sign Stacker with Scotty as assistant and be done with it all. Get on with signing/re-signing.

Reply #172348 | Report this post

as-def-ji-kal  
Years ago

Also in the NBA, the better players have the rights to use the rookies or the crappy players as their personal servant to pretty much get food for them, carry their bags, wake them up for training.. etc etc.

It's pretty funny.

Some guys were like nice dudes like Camby, Carmelo, Andre Miller and Joe Smith who wouldn't do that.

The others like Kenyon, Michael Redd, Bogut were complete arses to the rookies.

Reply #172350 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Yeah! Lets have the Stacker & Scotty combo that managed to finish 10th in a 11 team league! PS in a recent North Queensland Newspaper article Stacker suggested that he would only coach the South Dragons and maybe Sydney if their coach heads south. He has little intention of wanting the Adelaide position.

Reply #172355 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Well if i comes down 2 making Hodge happy and hes happy with Phil man id be talking 2 Phil right now. Sign Phil back get Hodge and get Ballinger. I know people want 2 see Phil gone but if that means loosing Hodge what would you choose.

Lets face it Hodge is a great player and the impact he has created form day 1 is amazing and every1 has said if we had hodge towards the start of the season we would be in the top 8. Well if it means we play basketball next season like we are now with the team we got then HELL YEAH KEEP HODGE HAPPY and sign Phil.

Reply #172361 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If the team is performing well, then the coach gets the credit for it, if a team is performing badly, then the coach gets the blame. Since Hodge arrived, the team has been playing very well. This must mean the coach is doing a good job. If Hodge and Ballinger both sign on for next season, why wouldn't you keep the current coach? He is doing a good job right now, remember.

Reply #172367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Totally agree EC.

You never hear anything positive about the coach on this site when we win. BUT as soon as we lose everbody becomes and expert

Reply #172369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be great if juels would stay with the 6ers next season.. but it is in doubt. He is desperate to go to the NBA and that is all he is thinking about... when i asked him what next season's plans for him are.. he replied "NBA". He has such confidence that's where he will be.

He certainly adds entertainment value and is great to watch. He can get to the basket so well, and just keeps pulling those tripple double's. His shooting is improving, but he still needs work. His skills are in the dunk, he needs to have a good long shot before a NBA team will come knocking. I hope they don't.. not just yet anyway!!

Reply #172375 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Hodge is going right back to where he would have/should have been had he not been shot.

I don't think anyone would argue that Hodge's skills set is entirely NBA, where his lack of a jump shot won't count for squat. He would continually break down NBA man on man defenses and find the open players.

There is no doubt in my mind that Hodge will find a roster spot with ease. Nobody has come in the NBL in recent years and had such an immediate and profound impact in such a short time.

Reply #172383 | Report this post

new name please  
Years ago

If Phil was here Hodge would of stayed, he will be heading to the east coast next season.

Reply #172415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is that you phil? the propaganda is as bad as the anti-phils. boring!!!!

Reply #172417 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Good luck for the NBA I say..

Although we can't pay like the Euro clubs, we have to keep in mind like someone already said the language barriers/climate etc.

But more importantly cost of living in Euro is probably double what it is here. Add in the weather in Adelaide, nice people etc and I think Adelaide all of a sudden is looking on par for some as a Euro club..

Hope Hodge has the same opinion if he doesnt make the NBA

Reply #172421 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Dont know how many times this has to be said. Hodge will not go back to Europe.
I am almost certain that if he doesnt have an NBA gig he will be back with the sixers next season.

Reply #172424 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Come on people, let's get real! Hodge is a PROFESSIONAL athlete, he knows what to say, he knows how to get the crowd to love him but saying the right things and he knows who signs the cheques! He will play wherever and whoever offers him the better contract! He is a professional athlete that realises he has a small window of income and will go where the dollar is. Why do you think he says he loves the city and the crowd...to get the crowd and city to love him!!! Just increases his chance to A) Get another contract offered to him and B) Get more money!
How many times have we heard a player say how much they love Adelaide to only walk away when more money is offered elsewhere??? 99% of players pull that line. Just look at both Darnell and Kevin Brooks, both played NBA for a couple of years, both made good money, both won championships here, both said they wouldn't play anywhere else...BOTH SIGNED ELSEWHERE!!!
Do you seriously think that a new import would come out and say, I hate Adelaide, the coach is shit and there is NO way i'll be here next year??? That automatically destroys any chance of getting offered a deal for next year if the NBA falls through.

Reply #172425 | Report this post

Rarney Bubble  
Years ago

lockstock,

I think you will find that the cost of living in Europe is somewhat negated by the fact that most contracts provide players with accomodation (in addition to their stated contract value). I know at least one player who was receiving meals, car and all bills too.

Reply #172426 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Rarney - You dont think housing and cars are supplied to certain 36ers players also?

Reply #172430 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I fear my "good name" amongst the fine posters at hoops may be sullied by this flagrant use of a capital letter to differentiate.

Isaac, how do i go about changing my posting name whilst protecting and taking my little balls and history with me...guess thats what you get for such an uninspired name.

(Mod: I've edited their name.)

Reply #172441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

`me' has little balls ?

Reply #172480 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

'me' is not too bad. Mine is the worst.
Aw, and Hodge ; NBA or sixers IMO.

Reply #172483 | Report this post

Basket 64  
Years ago

Love the random name suggestion, use it often but sometimes find it hard to remember which posts were mine when someone else is given the same random suggestion.

Reply #172508 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

thank you Isaac,

me is proud to be the owner of a number of little balls.

who is called "mine" ? hehe

Reply #172525 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Nice to see the whole Me me issue resolved, it was plaguing me but now I can rest at night.

Reply #172549 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

sorry to disturb your rest billo, but the capital M me is continuing to post and even claiming ownership of the name...there will be no sleep in the me household tonight

Reply #172732 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, I noticed Me was still claiming ownership despite your native title claim, he's stealing your brand, methinks it's time to get the lawyers involved.

Reply #172739 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

i will be asking for an apology and compensation..may have to wait forty years...but..i will not allow this abuse to continue

Reply #172742 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754