Isaac
Years ago

Damon Lowery to the Sixers?

Damon Lowery's name has come up in conversations regarding back-up point guards for a while now. A Wollongong supporter of note has relayed a rumour that Lowery may come out of retirement to become a temporary replacement for Williams or Nash...

Far from even wet concrete but rumours are better than nothing! I guess we'll see.

Topic #1461 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I think that this will be a great result for the sixers going into the finals....the guy can perform in the clutch and can hit free throws when the game is on the line.

I dont get why someone did not pick him up already.

He was still getting it done last year.

Reply #16716 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

At the start of the season I would have been all for us getting Lowery to replace Williams, but I think it's a bit late this far into the season. And Williams won't be out for long so it hardly seems worth replacing him for a couple of games with someone who is new to the system.

But if Maher is ruled out for a while then that would be a different story.

Reply #16718 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What if Maher was out for 6 weeks as has been rumoured?

Reply #16720 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I would still have him in the squad and get him in for the finals. If Bret or Willie was to go down just before play offs we need insurance.

Tville exposed our inability to control guards without Brett or JWill

Imagine if JR had lit it up the score would have been a blow out.

Reply #16722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can you really put his past with us aside. I personally would find this hard. To embrace such a past villian, i think brett seems to be not too bad but williams i think if he has re done his foot that could keep flaring up. I just cant see damon is a 36ers uniform.

Reply #16733 | Report this post

warthog  
Years ago

i couldn't stand paul rees before he came here - i think i can get over it

the guy is clutch - he may have flopped but the ref made the call

Reply #16738 | Report this post

above the rim  
Years ago

simple solution.... Snake, just play him!

Reply #16739 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

this is the postion we are most lacking and injuries have exposed this.

Don't like Lowery myself but what if he did a cluch for us as he did against? Different story? I say get him while we can.
A guard is what we need even with Maher fit.

Reply #16743 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Lowery is a great option as a backup guard.

As for the past (Don't get me wrong I'm a HUGE Mee fan) but to even go for that block was stupid, sure get a hand out to the shooter, but don't give the ref the oppurtunity to make that call.

Lowery or a Brendan Mann or a Tonny Jensen is what the Sixers need. Where is Brad Mackinnon?

Maybe Potsie should get a run?!

Reply #16753 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

I seem to recall Darnell challenging the shot and actually making a conscience effort to fly past Lowery and not make any contact at all. It was Lowery who stuck his limbs out to make contact with Darnell. If Lowery had just shot a normal shot, Mee wouldn't have touched him.

Still, give Damon some credit, he made a heads up play, called the refs bluff and not only got the call, but then knocked down all 3 foul shots.

The real debate is in the events after the foul call. As I remember it, the refs told the benches there was no time left on the clock after the foul. The Hawks then called time-out and were awarded the time-out, but shouldn't have been because there was no time left on the clock. This allowed Lowery some time to gather himself before going to the line. After the dubious time-out, the Sixers players came out to line up for Lowery's free-throws but were told that they could not line up because there was no time left on the clock. The Sixers protested because the time-out was allowed and therefore they should be allowed to line up but the refs weren't buying it. So, Lowery shot and hit all 3 shots with no line-up. If the Sixers were allowed to line up, one of them could have knocked the 3rd shot off the rim and the game would have gone into overtime. So, The Hawks got the best of both situations: with no time on the clock, they were allowed to have a timeout and the Sixers weren't allowed to line up for Lowey's foul shots. That's where the contraversy lies, not in the refs call. Considering the circumstances, any other ref would have made the same call.

Reply #16756 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754