Dr Dunkenstein
Years ago

The LeBron James Index

There is an economical concept called the Big Mac Index, which essentially lists countries based on the cost of a Big Mac. What this does is gives an idea of purchasing power, for lack of a better term.

E.g. A Big Mac in Iceland cost $7.44US, but a Big Mac in the United States may cost $4US and a Big Mac in China only cost $1.41 etc.

So applying this concept to basketball, if you were to rate the league's around the world, how would you rate them on the LeBron James Index?

Here's my take:

NBA - 30ppg
Euroleague - 35ppg
NCAA div 1 - 55ppg
NBL - 45ppg

Where would you rate the L's around the world? Anyone game enough to cast SEABL (or dare i say ABL) onto the index?

Topic #14649 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Could be lower in Europe - shorter games, different style of play? Then the locals would freeze him out to stop him making them look bad, etc.

In the NBL, it would depend on what he'd need to do to win games. For the Slingers, sure, 40+ PPG. For another team, might be considerably less.

Reply #172926 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I like him at 45+ a game in NBL. Agree he would be frozen out in Europe. The shorter game time doesnt help either!

Reply #172930 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I can't see him at 55 in NCAA div 1, games are shorter with 2 x 20 minute halves and players tend to score less on average than in the NBA. Durant was the entire Longhorns offense last year and averaged less than 26 on his way to a string of awards, can't see Bron getting almost 30 per game more than that.

Reply #172940 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Are we forgetting the whole USA losing overseas in basketball? If you want to score over 30 a game against zones (europe, ncaa) then you need a good 3-ball, something he doesn't have yet.

Reply #173058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok, so what scores do you think he'd get then. Quantify it.

Reply #173072 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:28 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754