Just wondering
Years ago

under 18 State teams

With the trials for state fast aproaching i was wondering what people think the teams will look like for boys and girls. Include starting 5's and benches.

Topic #1466 | Report this topic

In the know  
Years ago

I'm not going to name names but the club make up I think would be for the men:2 Forestville, 2 Southern, 2 West, 1 North, 2 Norwood, 1 Woodville. Sturt 1 maybe 2 country.

Women: Sturt 2, West 2, North 3, Forestville 2, Norwood 1.

I think it is fair not to mention names. Men and Women will be tough.

Reply #16772 | Report this post

big fella  
Years ago

well im going to mention names

I can only do the guys team because i don't know enough about the girls.

Starters Bench
PG-Phil Brown Zack Fisher
SG-Ben Scott??? AJ??
SF-Trent Fildes Matt Decure
PF-Jordan Long Jack Garret
C-Chris Molitor Brett C or Steph H

What does everyone else think? Am i spot on with the team and who would start?

Reply #16849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jack garrett? no way

it'll be a tough one with aj

Reply #16850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hmm aj shooting guard? you serious?

Reply #16900 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

What about Matt Furse from norwood. Plays well each week and hardly ever get beaten, surely gotta be a chance.

Reply #16937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i rekon the girls team will look something like this

mia newley
abbie bishop

Reply #16983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the Girls
Add
Leah
Kayla
Leah
Michelle
Lizzy

Who else?

Reply #16984 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

Im sure coaches have a fair idea of who they want already. I tell ya what though gavin kargins from woodville who has never been in sasi will be looked at if he tries out, and if he doesnt get to the end theres a problem with our state. Hopefully the state team can go far this year. I think there will be quite a few changes from the team in 2003.

Reply #17011 | Report this post

yes  
Years ago

yeah i think that is true, there were alot of players who got cut early that i think will have a better chance this year, they might not make it but i wiuld like to go further so they know what they have to do to be in the team. I think the this years state team will be better than the 16s one they had two years ago.

Reply #17024 | Report this post

post d  
Years ago

they may be a better team than in 16s but they are still miles behind VIC Met and Country, both NSW teams and WA Met. At the rate that Queensland are developing their junior players at the moment you could probably put them ahead of SA also.
No legit centre (molly a great 3-4 man)jordon long is tough but undersized (hello NSW centre 6"10 Allsop) and certainly no true quality point guard to run the team that SA has had in the past.Will be a struggle for this team to even make the top 8.
On the other hand if Abbey Bishop is playing for Sa met in the girls comp, its a 1st or 2nd prize, anything less would not be good enough considering how talented this girls team was in 16s.

Reply #17037 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

no real point, wat bout steph hoffman. this guy is a gun. and dont give me anything like him being undersized, he will take it to anyone!

Reply #17038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh ok, so 'post d' u have played state? u know what its like to be there? this yrs boys team will finish top 4

Reply #17041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Mr Weeks be able to take control of this years under 18 Grils team? He hasn't in the past been able to gel his state team their is always trouble, and this years team will even be harder as the characters will be stronger. Should he coach this team and have them under achieve????

Reply #17103 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Well he has the job and Im sure that he will get the job done. Girls at U 18s is always hard and no matter who coaches them there is always bound to be personality differences. I would say though with the team he has it would be nothingless than a Grand Final appearance.

Reply #17104 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

the problem with steff is he not a strong floor leader which u need at the point spot
gav is good but not a good enough shooter and no post moves and to small to play the 4 spot

Reply #17121 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

Whether the Mens or Womens teams, let's hope people with earnest desire and uncomprimising attitude are selected and not soft or political options, and those who can shoot and rebound under pressure no matter their physique.

Key question : WHO is spending some of their holiday time shooting the lights out, increasing fitness and gaining more strength?? Or are many going on past glories and/or where they are now is thought good enough? From past experience, it's time to lift such efforts and even starting now is not optimal.

Reply #17139 | Report this post

bear13  
Years ago

Have the state coaches been appointed yet?

Reply #17476 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

I am under the impression that not a lot will change from last year.

Reply #17486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a pity, Weeks will have the Girls.
Will they be able to stay awake at their trainings while he talks and talks? He has the team to bring home Gold - but is he the coach? First time he coach this groupn there was trouble. Last year there was trouble. And this Year????? While he be able to keep the Heads in check and get them to play together or will they ALL have their own agenda.

Reply #17492 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Some girls have their own agenda anyway no matter who coaches. His results have not been to bad and I would think Gold is not out of reach. The players still have to do on court. Get a little tired of people saying that a team under acheives because of the coach. Players need to take some responsibility when they loose. They will be alright. Could be a shuffle of State coaches next year anyway. We will wait and see.

Reply #17493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754