Anonymous
Years ago

Shaq's 1st game for Phoenix?

Anyone know when he'll make his debut for the Suns?

Topic #14661 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

There was talk of today's game against Golden State but I don't think he'll play tomorrow and just take the extra week off over the All star break.

Reply #173219 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

prob best to wait for the playoffs.... how many games does he need to play to qualify for the suns

Reply #173220 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

after the asg

Reply #173224 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

ESPN have said after the All-Star game.

Originally scheduled for the next day or so against the Mavs, but pulled the plug on that.

Next week now hopefully.

Reply #173249 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

They lost today Vs's the Warriors

Nash couldnt play D to save himself

Lets hope for the Suns come playoff time they

A. Have a Fit Dominant Shaq in the Paint or

B. Shoot 50+% from the field each game

Or they will be screwed

Reply #173250 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Fezlington WHAT!?

Im not gonna say Nash is a brilliant lock-down defender, but I made it a priority of mine to watch Nash guard on/off ball (becuase of our previous argument) and he was fine! He played Monta pretty well he just hit some fucking tough shots and has that quick pull up he was knocking down, even with Nash all over him (which he was). He is also very active on his help defense and guarded the pick and roll just fine.

Seriously, why do you have this thing against Nash...I dont think its as strong as people lead on..and how about how he kept them in the game? How about how he tried his ass off for 40 minutes and made some amazing plays late in the game...sheez...

I want everyone who puts this defense thing on him to watch the Suns/Mavs game tomorrow and PLEASE point out these horrible defensive errors he makes so you can put some actual evidence and proof to these words.

Reply #173256 | Report this post

Rodney carney  
Years ago

I agree with Jules. Nash isn't a brilliant defender but that doesn't make him terrible. At the same time though, the guys from ESPN are always talking about it so I dunno. They're always gonna find something wrong though.

Reply #173260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #173261 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

The guys on ESPN always have Nash as their number 1 point guard to ;) So whilst they might think that (and its usually only Bill Walton, who is a clown, thankyou Shaq for putting him in his place), they still all agree he is the best PG (including Paul) which is how this argument came about in the first place.

And my offer stands, please point out the defensive flaws in tomorrows game

Reply #173262 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Monta Ellis scored 37 points and Baron Davis made three straight baskets down the stretch to send the Warriors into the break with a win against the Western Conference's top team, 120-118 over the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday night.

Says a lot about Nash's D. Ellis went for 18-27FG

Reply #173282 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Those are stats...as I said I closely watched Nash on D

"played Monta pretty well he just hit some very tough shots and has that quick pull up he was knocking down, even with Nash all over him (which he was)"

And those three straight buckets...1 was a turnaround, fadeaway shot with a hand smuthering his face, the other was the same except a step back (theres no D for those shots) and the other was a fast break lay up that had nothign to do with Nash, in fact Nash put his body on the line to try draw a charge but was called for standing inside the circle (unluckily in my opinion)

Reply #173295 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

i think cos nash is a back to back mvp winner his defence its criticised and judged harshly

Reply #173313 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Monta Ellis is shooting 70% over his last 6 games averaging close to 30ppg.

Reply #173322 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

drew a few charges

played very good man to man

active help D

where were these horendous defensive errors that label him a horrible defender????

Reply #173368 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:46 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754