Dr Evil
Years ago

McGinty Breaks Backboard

Warrick McGinty nows joins the likes of Darryl Dawkins and Shaquille O'Neal.

For those that don't know him, McGinty plays in the State U20 mens team. During the SA vs TAS mens game, McGinty went to dunk the ball and manage to break the glass backboard. This would have been awesome to watch.

Here is the back board.

McGinty's Broken Backboard

Write up on the National Juinor Championships Website

Topic #14705 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Yeah - the dim wit did it in the warm up 2min before the game eve started started! Don't think Dawkins or Shaq ver did that - they did it in the game...

Reply #173658 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

In warm up? thats just frikn stupid.

Besides - Don't they use stronger/reinforced boards in the NBA? Or was that after Shaq? hah.

Reply #173660 | Report this post

MrMagoo21  
Years ago

What a dill! Nothing to boast about 4 sure. A red face special!

Reply #173662 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Looks like the after effects of Clarke Kent trying the birthday cake dunk

Reply #173684 | Report this post

wound  
Years ago

who would pay for that damage? insurance?

Reply #173687 | Report this post

Nothing to boast about, Mr Magoo? How many people have broken a backboard? Have you? Dawkins is still talking about when he did it

Reply #173689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you guys are losers
that is very impressive!!!!!!!
what a superstar

Reply #173721 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

Impressive? In warm ups? You've got be be joking!
Dawkins can talk up his backboard smashing effort as it happened IN A GAME!
Hanging on a ring in warm up is nothing to boast about and is just plain stupid.

Reply #173729 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

Impressive? C'mon - it has happened heaps of times, and look at that backboard, doesn't exactly look like new.

I broke at least three during my earlier years when I could acutally jump, and my parents had to pay for all of them, and they still remind me how it cost them!

In fact, come to think of it, my ears are still ringing from when I broke one during training with Don Shipway 12 odd years ago ....

Reply #173732 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Pero Vegemite broke the one at Athol Park a few times in warm-up did he not?

Reply #173739 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Wouldn`t surprise me phizzer... Pretty weak form to bust a backboard in a warm up but...

Reply #173761 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

I believe Pero's count was two broken glass ones and a wooden one at Athol Park - and I do believe one was during warm ups before a junior game.

Reply #173770 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

I seem to remember after ripping one ring down, he walked over to the opposition coach and placed the broken ring at his feet and walked off without saying a word.....

Reply #173774 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

Thats sounds arrogrant enough to be Pero :-)

Reply #173776 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

Hope Norwood won...

Reply #173786 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Everyone who's baggin Warrick, go winge about something else, like why the suns traded their best defender for Shaq(stupid, stupid deal). Warrick, like me, is from Mt. Gambier and could school you guys any day.

Reply #173809 | Report this post

Dog93  
Years ago

Sure Bolks there aren't too many with a pre game dunk a fade away 10 foot jumper and no brains!
Oh and run through your own man in training can't forget that.
Gimme Shaq any day!

Reply #173834 | Report this post

WayUpNorth  
Years ago

If i dunked and smashed a back board i would be damn proud! Warm up or not.

Reply #173908 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

Loser

Reply #173930 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Are you guys talking about Pero Vasiljevic? The one with his own name tattooed on his arm?

Reply #173941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in case he forgets...?

Reply #173945 | Report this post

McGinty Haters  
Years ago

how many 17 year old kids that you know can say they have broken a backboard hile dnking?? who cares if it is in warmups??

Reply #173950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Arent you a hero

Reply #173955 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Yes - the same Pero Vasiljevic who said something so bad to Andrew Gaze (when he was with the Titans), that Andrew's teammates had to restrain him... And Andrew doesn't strike me as a flighty kind of guy...

Reply #173961 | Report this post

on behalf of  
Years ago

what you guys dont know is that he rim-racked the dunk but decided to hang on anyway....so it was nothing impressive at all to watch !!! and i should know...i was there watching the game

Reply #174017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you were actually there then you would know that three guys had dunked right before him and he was the fourth, he didn't hang on the ring at all and I would like to see you even try to do anything similar. As far as I am concerned if you do not have anything productive to say or that is not verbal slander towards someone who is most probably a better basketballer than you could ever dream of being, you can keep your opinions too yourself. Once you can do anything of that caliber then you can come back and start critisizing other people.

Reply #174613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wazza rules!!!!

Reply #174625 | Report this post

Ben Dover  
Years ago

Nothing excites the fans more than hanging on rings and breaking backboards during warm ups, causing a massive delay??!!! NOT!
Break a backboard legitimately in a game and then let me know about it!

Reply #174665 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:32 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754