Tangles
Years ago

[ABL Rumor Mill] - Camino a Sabre

Heard a rumor on the weekend that provided Camino does not make the opals squad (which is a possibility) that she will be playing ABL Womens at Sturt. Any word on whether the bowley's are playing. I know Brigid is overseas with Newley. Monique was plagued with injuries last year and not sure whether Hannah will playing. Dave Bowley is now also a Sabre

Any other ABL news/rumors place here

Topic #14714 | Report this topic

J Packer  
Years ago

Yes its true. If daddy's little girl doesn't play. But with NZ commitments then that fairly much in the bag.

Reply #173724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

j packer you are a knob

Reply #173737 | Report this post

glen  
Years ago

Central women once again will have an inexperienced team in the ABL and can look forward to another demoralising season of thrashings.
And I hear they have to field a team so the Central Men can play in the ABL.
Why can't the Women's competition be evened out in some way?? Any suggestions.??

Reply #173756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glen..it was by getting rid of centrals....best solution i can think of

Reply #173768 | Report this post

the centrals girls getting some skill, perhaps?

Reply #173777 | Report this post

glen  
Years ago

well ok #173768 why don't you speak to BSA about that.
don't really think they want to be in the ABL either.
would you??
And Gorilla, I agree they definately need players with skills, which starts at u/10 level and improves
(or should) from that age up. but unfortunately, players either drop out or are not getting the proper coaching.
so to enter a team in the ABL the club has to go with the small number of player selection that they do have. Albeit if they are strong enough or not.

do your homework before you get on here and criticise.

Reply #173782 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

Glen, you too should "do your homework before you get on here and criticise"...

"Central women once again will have an inexperienced team in the ABL and can look forward to another demoralising season of thrashings". Surely thats criticism???
Erin will provide some leadership to an inexperienced group.

Reply #173788 | Report this post

glen  
Years ago

I realise that Erin will provide some leadership, and Good on her, for choosing to do so, but approx. 6 games is not a season.
and no criticism was intended, I was just stating some facts.

Reply #173810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eastern are coming with skill

Reply #173825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to c all these girls comng back to the league for nothing and giving their services

Reply #173840 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

have you been watching them train glen?

Reply #173858 | Report this post

sorry  
Years ago

I think Centrals women have some suprising juniors that will contribute greatly to the team, they lack height as always, but you have to give the girls credit for having the courage to get out there.

Reply #173889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would this mean that sturt lose the 'homegrown' flag?

Reply #173905 | Report this post

Wayville 80  
Years ago

No, they still will have (as they always have had) a majority of Sturt junior players. No different to North men with Dusty last year.

Reply #173906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By all accounts, Tracey Gahan has also signed locally - this one has to be seen to be believe though, and add all the graduating AIS girls (Francis, Langford, Newley) back into the mix makes for an interesting season.

Reply #173912 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Glen

Centrals didn't have a Womens side last year and the Mens Team was able to compete.

Reply #173927 | Report this post

glen  
Years ago

only for one season though.

Reply #173931 | Report this post

glen  
Years ago

yep, have heard central have some good juniors coming through, and yes it does take courage to get out there and play against stronger and more experienced players, but it would be more beneficial to these juniors, if the team was made up of 80% experienced players and 20% junior players as is the case at most other clubs.

Reply #173933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is tracy gahan rumoured to?

Reply #173936 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Norwood! Nah haven't got a clue just stirring.

Reply #173943 | Report this post

missed out  
Years ago

Nikkita Martin is also returning that was left out.

Reply #173944 | Report this post

go man  
Years ago

Glen always having a go at Centrals which you left
you should worry about you side south

Reply #173962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gahan on a short contract to Centrals I believe.

Reply #174131 | Report this post

J Packer  
Years ago

Go man, got the wrong person, its not the glen (centrals excoach) ur thinking about.

Also Martin going to West.

Reply #174148 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754