skip
Years ago

Redhage takes out final POTW award

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=74373

The Wildcats forward has denied Hodge a fourth consecutive award by winning his 2nd POTW award for the season.

You would have to think that if Hodge had maybe played a further 5 minutes he probably would have snatched it.

Topic #14716 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Anstey's 32 and 17 only just made the mentions list.

Reply #173757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodge had better stats in every category compared to Redhage!!!

Redhage averaged 23 points (54%), 8.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1 steal for the round, shooting 80% from the free-throw line

Hodge scored 29 points (66%), 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, shooting a perfect 100% (3/3) from the 3 point line

I guess the fact Redhage played 2 games was the clincher for him.

Personally, I thought Anstey should've won it (32 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block)

Reply #173759 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

There were numerous options of which I wouldn't have rated Redhage (23 & 8) or Hodge (27 & 9) amongst the best 3.

- Anstey 32 and 17 (Plus 3 assists, a steal and 2 blocks)

- Lampley had 34 and 10

- Helms 35 points, 7 rebounds, and shot 7/11 from the 3 point line.

How Redhage got it is a bit of a joke, but I wouldn't be spruiking Hodge either.

Anstey for mine.

Reply #173762 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Oh, and Cortez

6 points on 13% from the field and 10% from the 3 point line.

NAIL....IN...COFFIN

Pity, lost confidence with Heal coaching and then tried too hard to get himself back. Just completely lost it in the end, the poor bugger. Hope he gets another go.

Reply #173763 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hodge played against Singapore. Redhage went 2-0 against top-eight teams. I'd say that's what tipped it in his favour.

Reply #173767 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754