Ref 23
Years ago

NH: IPL Cricket

Hey what does everyone think about the Indian premier league that is being made in the world of cricket?
It has a fair few Aussies in the league but i find it funny that there is a limit of 2 aussies per team. Is this because we are to good?
I personally like the idea as it brings back some of the greats such as Warnie and Mcgrath to play again.

Topic #14726 | Report this topic

Number21  
Years ago

Make a break of 2 weeks or so and let players either have a rest or play in the IPL for that time.

Reply #173995 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I think this is the future of cricket.

If teams all over the world can hire any player, then series will be more fair and way more interesting.

They could have a salary cap and draft picks... Hmmm will be interesting to see how IPL goes.

But you can't blame any player for taking a cool mill for a months work.

Reply #174032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think that many games, so often it will loose its aura. Good luck to the players though. I find it laughable that they have coaches though, what are their instruction smash the ball! a team manager i can see to keep everyone in the loop but the captain can do the rest.

Reply #174045 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

This is the end of international cricket as we know it.

The players will now chose* the league ahead of their country, long term we will see our cricket competitions become feeders for this league.

The days of pride in the cap are fast disolving make the most of it folks, your kids wont know what you are talking about in 15 years.

*refer the aussies upcoming tour of Pakistan, they will pull out of it citing to dangerous...in truth, it just conflicts with the IPL!!

Reply #174065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a 44 day competition - how is that going to end international cricket. Maybe its something that should be scheduled into the season every 2nd yr or something.
Not everyone wants to play in it and it might be a good idea for the "older" guys so that they have something to do without completely retiring from the game, or playing on for too many yrs because they don't want to retire.

Reply #174068 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

look up the term...

"thin end of the wedge"

:)

Reply #174125 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:10 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754