olskoolgamer
Years ago

Spurs acquire Thomas from Sonics

Spurs acquire Thomas from Sonics for Barry, Elson... Hmm so no artest as previously reported.

Link

Thoughts on the trade?

Topic #14728 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Nice trade. The Spurs now have the best interior defence in the West. Is this a direct result of the Shaq and Gasol trades?

Reply #174034 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

doc,

I think Spurs & Mavs have both made their trades to try and counter the Shaq and Gasol trades.

ESPN will today give us a look at the Gasol and Shaq trades against each other. IMO Spurs are still the most Finals ready team in the West, how I would love another Spurs vs Pistons final.

Reply #174036 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

You Bizzy, as I, are a basketball purist. I would love another Spurs/Pistons Finals. Defence wins titles.

Reply #174038 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last time I checked, the Spurs still had fairly attractive odds at Centrebet too.

Reply #174042 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The only thing I don't like about this trade is that Elson seemed to be the Spurs big sparkplug. They'd throw him out there and he'd bring more energy to the team crashing the boards and running the floor. Thomas slows them down a bit.

Reply #174052 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

This is a great trade for the Spurs. They have a good strong front court now. Thomas can play and be physical in the post.

I did like Elson and the energy he always provided, but the Spurs choose a vetaran.

Reply #174081 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

So, Phoenix give up Thomas to a non-contender for SFA, who then give him to a contender for SFA, while the Suns lose Marion for Shaq, to cover the lack of a post defender in Thomas....

Freaking great.

Reply #174101 | Report this post

rybags  
Years ago

Can't wait so see Tony Parker or Manu run the pick and roll with Thomas. Last year Thomas was money when the Suns played the Spurs in the playoffs. Go Spurs. Steve Kerr is on crack.

Reply #174127 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Dammit. May as well gave up Marion and kept Thomas way back.

Reply #174132 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:04 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754