slit your guts
Years ago

North Under 20 Div1's

I was wondering how many SASI players they had? Because Woodville beat them on Monday night, with no state or SASI players. Maybe the SASI coaches need to look elsewhere than Sturt and North Adelaide players to fill the SASI squads

Topic #1477 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well what can you do.the big clubs attract the big coaches and the big coaches want to coach the best.the system is hacked i know.thats y most good players move to north or sturt cause they have a better chance of making the sasi or state teams.

Reply #16815 | Report this post

nito  
Years ago

Slit makes a valid point for discussion. I dont have the answers but would be interested to read reasons as to why a top U20 team did not have any SASI / State players.

Cheeze, go and munch on ur burgers mate.

Reply #16816 | Report this post

Well if you are a tool you don't make SASI or State teams, so that rules out you two idiots. A few years ago Woodville had the most players (eg Ng, Graves etc) so was the system biased in favour of Woodville players then? Obviously not, they were just good players with good attitudes. Get some sort of clue before you post this crap!

Reply #16818 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Everybody knows there is major politics in State and club team selections for that matter. Happens in every sport.

Anyone remember when Ben Glidden made State Reserve - he was playing Div 2 at Sturt for Christ's sake...

Reply #16828 | Report this post

slit your guts  
Years ago

I know 4 Woodville U20 div 1 players that should be in the state squad over North Adelaide players, Jordi Kies is the only NA player that should be in that squad.

No can someone answer my question?

Oh, and get a clue? Leif is only in the SASI squad because his last name is BURTON. He did nothing last night, except do the inly intelligent thing he can do in that team, pass to Jordi. I just find it hard to believe that the only team in U20 Div 1 that hasn't lost a game has no state or Sasi players.

Reply #16851 | Report this post

slit your guts  
Years ago

** Monday night

Reply #16852 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Slit your guts,

Don't be so cryptic. What do you mean by Leif and his surname being Burton?

Reply #16853 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

SYG,

Leif's last name is not 'BURTON', I think you will find it is Burdon. As for getting a clue.... consider this. The 86/87 group would have come home with a 5-8 finish from U18 Nationals if it weren't for Leif's 3 pointer at the buzzer to sink Vic Country. They brought home a silver medal and he was the starting 2 man on that team.

As for no one else on that team deserving of a SASI position - Tom Rowe has also been a very solid contributor to 3 state sides.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Having a good U20s side doesn't say much. Besides... I believe one of Woodvilles players was in the state U18 squad last year.

Quit your bitching and go play, prove yourself there.

Reply #16855 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Leif contributes more than you know. Its not all about scoring. He's a great defender, and herdly ever turns the ball over. He's also one of the most unselfish players I've ever coached. Great haircut too....

Reply #16857 | Report this post

nito  
Years ago

Syg,

Out of interest where did this woodville group finish in U16/U18 winter season and State champs?

Reply #16858 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

SYG

Just out fo intrest, who r tha 4 woodville players that ya think should be there?? GP is out 4 bout another 6, there is reagan, maybe Zane, but that would make his head even bigger, and us woodville people dont want that to happen. so who els r ya thinking?

Reply #16872 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Why do Woodville players have such chips on their shoulders? When they make it is because they are awesome and when they don't it is because they didn't play for North or Sturt or Forestville..... It is everyone elses fault. I think Slit your guts should stop the wingeing or start working harder.

Reply #16877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is quite obvuious 'Slit Your Guts' that you have based these pathetic opinions solely on Monday night's game.

How you say that Tom Rowe and Leif Burdon are not state calibre players is beyond me...

Plus, one of the resons they made state ahead of the woodville guys in past years is beacuse they wiped the floor with them every single time they met. They know what it takes to win, both Tom and Leif have won more division one state championships than that whole team put together!

No GP? Big deal! Don't forget, ryan kersten aint playing, hes too busy at the ais :P Woodivlle, I strongly suggest you have a word to the institute, no warriors at the ais??? but they beat north in the summer season by 8 points - that has to count for something!!!

Quit your whining and when you win something more than relatively meaningless match in the summer season, maybe, just maybe your viewpoint would be considered valid.

Reply #16889 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Nice reply! Everyone knows summer season doesn't count for much and that a lot of Under 20's do not play before Christmas because of exams etc.

Reply #16891 | Report this post

nito  
Years ago

Yea SYG may have had a point if they had been successful in past yrs. However if they got beat in past years as anon mentions and come up and win a summer season GF in 20s it probably dont count for much.

Good luck to them though. All the talk by the Woodville boys here, it would be great to see them back it up.

Reply #16892 | Report this post

druck  
Years ago

Think the truely good teams will shine through at state champs time. The game on monday night was one of the scrapiest ever and i dont think you can judge who was better on the result, both teams ordinary on a holiday night.

Reply #16909 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

thanks for prompting my memory of that old woodie team - Ng, Graves, Pascoe, Fuller, Stabile, and a few other names i can't recall - all legends !

Reply #16930 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Baggot...etc. Surely one of the best junior sides to come through SA ball in the 90s! Imagine if they had Parker in juniors as well?

Reply #16940 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Who was pascoe??? couldnt be greg

Reply #16971 | Report this post

slit your guts  
Years ago

"Good luck to them though. All the talk by the Woodville boys here, it would be great to see them back it up."

http://www.sportingpulse.com.au/comp_info.cgi?action=LADDER&compID=28108&comptitle=Under%2020%20Men%20Division%201&client=%40Basketball%20Association%20of%20South%20Australia%403%40%40%40%40%40%401%40%401%40

Think before you post. Add one win to Woodville, and one loss to North.

And is Tom Rowe number 8? He certainly didn't impress me. He might be good, but as soon as there is pressure there, he fails.

Reply #16985 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

Nito, there is only 1 woodville player talking it up on this thread.
But the results show that his talk has so far been backed up.

Reply #17013 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

who was that sparky boy??

Reply #17020 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

James Sparticus

Reply #17032 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

James Sparticus

Reply #17033 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

whos that random?

Reply #19611 | Report this post

gun dad  
Years ago

pascoe is my disciple

many may envy this title - but he is the only one holy enough

Reply #19642 | Report this post

G.D.'s Manager  
Years ago

Get back in the van G.D.! Stop screwing around or your golden ark will be soiled

Reply #19666 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

whos this pascoe you speak of

Reply #19673 | Report this post

Years ago

mate you woodville players are all wankers. well the reason why good players make the sasi squads. thats because they let there basketball do the talking.

Reply #52754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im personally sick of reading all the woodville shit here. u make u and urselves a joke. u win nothing and cant play for shit. infact come 2 my toilet in there is ur games.

Reply #52759 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:23 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754