Anonymous
Years ago

Norwood VS Southern

Southern to take on Norwood at the cage tommoarrow in an abl trial game. My pick is Southern by 10, looks like a solid young team on paper.... A team for the future?

Topic #14773 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

the cage? you mean the game's on Melbourne?

Reply #174515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it means The Tiger Cage,,
Morphett Vale.... a feared venue 2008

Reply #174519 | Report this post

Lou Filerman  
Years ago

What time?

Reply #174525 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

It´s Groundhog Day. It is that time of year again. Time for the Tigers to start talking themselve up. I can understand why. Once the season starts they won´t have a chance. Heard it all before boys.

Reply #174530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

worst team ever

Reply #174534 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So any result on this game? I would've thought Norwood would've given them a hiding to be honest. South had them by 20 points for just about the whole game last week, so Norwood will put another 15 points on that margin, even without Cooper playing.

Reply #174537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood win in a well fought game

Reply #174627 | Report this post

Ok Panther,

South had Southern last week but the refs were of u/12 level at best... (no offence to the refs tho, gotta take what you can get these days)

Its a trial game and South didnt have too much to add, not to mention going 7/9 from trey land in the first half.. thats not going to happen too often.

This week Southern down to Norwood by 10ish minus Bungey, Boal, Florance and Smith.

If Southern can learn to stop hating each other and start working together they should replace Woodville and/or sturt in the top 5.
Heath Jury has his work cut out though, how do you teach heart and team spirit? especially when you lose 5 of your top players.

From what i have seen so far the team can turn it on for 5-6 minutes at a time... the other 5 minutes is unorganised choas.

Im tipping Southern to get some upset wins, only to lose games to teams not in the hunt....best place finish 5th, worst place finish... 9th.

Reply #174653 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

panthers choice,

I'm not sure you know what you are talking about. Whinging about the refs in a preseason game - come on!
Woodville weren't in the finals last year. Sturt were but you have no chance of getting even close to them.
As for teaching heart and team spirit - that is probably the coach's number one job - so if ce can't instil this (or "teach" it) then maybe he is not the right person for the job. I don't see any upset wins from any teams that finished outside the finals last year. In fact I dont see any of North, Norwood, Forestville, West or Sturt losinf ANY games to the other five teams. They will just fight it out between them for positions within the top 5.

Reply #174674 | Report this post

flanders  
Years ago

just one things about the refs champ. very late notice about organizing them. i will tell will tell you how many hours we had. TWO hours. To help on that day luckly Mr Crowden was coaching before. And was willing to come out of reftirement to help the two juniors who were willing to help at late notice even thuogh they knew the expectations and physicallity of the game.

Easier way to fix this problem is.

1 Send a notification email to the Referee director as suggested a week before.

2 Don't expect the Referee to show the to game when that Ref has advised that they are interstate and appologized for not being able to help.
Told the week before. And then spent all Sunday morning trying to find willing referees to travel. To Morphett Vale.

And why do you think the juniors were on the game because no one wants to travel to Morphett Vale on a Sunday and get abused by the Southern Tigers Regime.

So i will let you ponder.

Reply #174687 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

LMAO, guys really didnt mind helping out the jnr ref's on the mens game.
At the end of the day it was a pre-season game leading up to a very good and exciting ABL season to come.
Will Tigers be competive this season? think it depends if the team can gel and learn to play as a team. Heath has a very hard job ahead of him and I don't see anybody else putting their hand up to coach that team. Good luck Tigers

Reply #174696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have the talent, just see if they can put it together...time will tell , maybe a couple of years away

Reply #174753 | Report this post

Phd in Shot  
Years ago

wasnt really much of a practice match no refs or anythin so u kno cant judge htis game on much so we will ahve 2 wait and see wat happens in the real season

Reply #174764 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754