Guru
Years ago

Tennessee downs Memphis: Champions Prediction?

In the most hyped up game of the regular season the Vols upset the previously unbeaten Memphis Tigers at home last night 66-62. Number 1 ranked Memphis suffered their first loss of the season,and Tennessee might see the number 1 spot in the country for the first time in school history.

This years March Madness is definitely going to be MADNESS! :)

With the national tournament less than a month away who do you think will be the contenders? And who will win it all? I know the tourny bracket isn't out yet, but which teams do you think will give it a shot?

Carolina. I really think that when Ty Lawson returns to the mighty Tar Heels they'll be unstoppable.

Memphis. They needed a loss for a wake up call. So I think they're going to finish out the season in fine form.

Tennessee. Obviously the team to beat now.

Duke. They should bounce back after their two losses to Wake and Miami.

UCLA. The Bruins will go far with Collison and Love. I am a huge Carolina fan but I think Love is slightly better than Hansborough. Pointless fact about Kevin Love: He can chestpass the ball from the baseline and hit the opposite backboard without taking a step! Impressive hey! Must be living on the bench press.

Kansas. Will also be tough to beat. They had a tough loss last night to Baylor. I see them scrapping into the 8 but losing

Texas are looking great right now. I thin they're going to be the darkhorse in the tournament this year. Especially now that it seems that Augustine is out of his shooting slump now.

Kansas state will do some damage if Beasly keeps perfoming like he is. He had 44 last night with 28 at half time! But his team still lost. Beasly also just broke Carmelo's freshman double double record.

Washington state. I think they will do well in the tournament. I actually played them earlier this year and I rate them highly. The thing about WSU is that they are a good team, without superstars.

My prediction to win it all is Texas in a upset. Even though I WANT Carolina to win it, I think Texas will shine in March.

Topic #14789 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

UCLA is my pick.

Reply #174678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duke in an upset

Reply #174695 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Washington State to make final four at least - as defense gets the job done in finals and nobody is doing it better.
It's a real lottery this year IMO. Memphis, Tennessee, UCLA and Duke also look good to me. I don't think North Carolina can sustain it.

Reply #174744 | Report this post

monkey business  
Years ago

HOYAS ARE UP THERE

Reply #174859 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754