Kent Brockman
Years ago

Sixers Site

does the front page suggest that the game finishes at 1am or is it just me?

Topic #1480 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Yep, gonna be a long game!

Reply #16836 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, strange choice of words.

Also, the site just looks like it's loaded with banner ads. Users develop an ability to block out brightly coloured images that are roughly 468x60. There are now 6 of them on the frontpage alone! I suspect that it would be more effective if these promotions were rotated randomly or prioritised using shape/size/contrast, etc.

I would never hire their layout designer, but at least they're getting stuff up.

Reply #16838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

vomiting 'gets stuff up' too and looks about the same!!

Reply #16842 | Report this post

Bongobrain  
Years ago

OK ... so it was just a play on words ... but for those that don't "get it" there is a text translation underneath the banner.

"New Years Eve tip-off at 8:30pm. Party with the team til 1am, entertainment by "Acoustically incorrect". Game tickets include access to party, available from Venue*Tix"

This just shows how some people only read banners and not the text!

I do understand the "banner blindness" principle that Isaac is referring to ... it is a well documented issue. However, the site stats would suggest that most users on the sixers site don't have this problem. In fact, when banners were removed it significantly reduced the traffic to those sections despite being available via the menu system.

As for vomit ... well, that's purely subjective, the sixers site has received many positive comments since the changes were made. It now looks vibrant and interactive. It's interesting that many of the really negative comments seem to come from "faceless critics".

I don't mind critics such as Isaac, at least he is prepared to put his real name to it, and I respect him greatly for that, even if I don't always agree.

I don't mind changing things because of these critics, especially for a site like the Sixers which is there primarily for the supporters of the club.

I would prefer to debate this further on the Sixers site, but, I thought this post was worth a reply in here.

Reply #16861 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

The site to me seems a bit messy and awkward.

On the positive side its good to see they are finally providing more features.

Reply #16862 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Good to see a merchandise link now

Reply #16863 | Report this post

Faceless Critic  
Years ago

Judging by the numbers in the stands there are a lot of people that "don't get" any marketing done by the sixers this year.

I thought you were not coming back to this site Bongo brain.

This must be your real name as only those that use there real names are able to give feedback about the sixers site.

Reply #16864 | Report this post

Court Marshall  
Years ago

Reasons why I use this site over the "other" one...

1. The text is BIGGER and easier to read

2. It is the one spot basketball shop. If I want to know something, I come here. Shit, there is nothing about the academy or up and coming players. This forum has everything for everyone, whereas the SIXERS forum only talks about the SIXERS. There's only so many times you can talk about the next game or Willie's dunk before it gets boring. At least here there are a number of topics that are organised into categories.

Bongo, of course you're gonna say the site looks "vibrant and interactive", you're 100% involved it in for crying out loud!!!!! We didn't see you on here when people were discussing the sub standard of the site earlier in the year.

Reply #16870 | Report this post

SupaDupa  
Years ago

I cant belive people on this forum.

I am really starting to think some of you like to be negative for the sake of being negative.

The site has changed considerably over the last few weeks thanks to those people who bothered to post feedback, whether it had been positive or negative on the 6ers site.

bongo, and the JABA crew took it on board, and fixed things (sure they have a way to go, but its getting there).

Yes, sure this site has all SA basketball discussion on it, which is why that the 6ers site is the first official club site to link to non official sites (this one and ozhoops are linked).

Marketing are also listening, with the family tickets, the $15 ticket.

Merchandise is now on line...and things are looking up. The newsletter even came out today!

Why dont you give the guys from JABA a break. I know friends who have tried to work with the 6ers admin, and gave up in pure frustration at not be able to get anything out of them. At least JABA are doing stuff off their own back, something that I am sure their contract doesnt expect them to do.

Reply #16885 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

SupaDupa -- I think you'll find that a lot of frustration would be directed at the Sixers admin and not at JABA.

If all involved were on the ball, the newsletter would've come out in Round 1 not Round 13.

Reply #16893 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Well said Isaac. Everyone knows how incompetant BASA are. I do not understand how many mistakes and stuff ups this association does.The problem is that they are not accountable to anyone.

Reply #16896 | Report this post

SupaDupa  
Years ago

I understand how incompetent BASA are (Isaac, you know who I am).

But everyone is bitching about the 6ers site, and whats happening there, which is aimed at JABA.

People are now complaining about too much info (yes, the front page looks cluttered, im grateful it's there though, compared to what was there a few weeks back)

I would have thought people would have been happy feedback is being acted upon...no people just still want to whine and moan. As I said, I think it's just for the sake of having something to whine about.

And, no I am in no way associated with JABA, before anyone asks.

Reply #16901 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

I think the site is ok. My issue is BASA admin.

Reply #16905 | Report this post

Medic  
Years ago

it's a temporary fix.. like putting on a bandage before you've treated the wound. the bandage might be doing a good job of keeping the dirt out ... and it might be a nice clean band-aid even, but if you're rotting on the inside then it's only a matter of time before you're off to the hospital, champ.

Reply #16906 | Report this post

Bloody hell!  
Years ago

JABA should be doing stuff off their own back and getting the site fixed up if the amount I heard they are getting (from someone inside BASA) is true!

Reply #16907 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

It takes time to devlop, they are running a business and i'm sure the 6ers are not their only clients. What we see now is better than several months ago. Support them while they are trying to fix it up, i would rather them try and get things implimented (although not the most atheistically pleasing) then nothing at all.

Reply #16911 | Report this post

Bongobrain  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #16919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't supadupa sound just like yogee?

Reply #16941 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

The 36ers site links to both Hoops SA AND OzHoops.....what would the BASA go getters say about this!?

Reply #16942 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #16945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

geez, im just glad that they have a site,

Reply #17211 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754