Kent Brockman
Years ago

NBL Time Keeping

I really think the NBL needs to look at the time keeping at NBL arenas after what happens regularly and did so again tonight in Sydney

Donte Drapper shot fouls shots at the end of the 3rd q after being fould before time ran out. How can he be shooting the ball with no time on the clock?

If he was fouled when he was shooting then there MUST be time left on the clock otherwise his shot was after the siren and no foul could have occured.

Now i know i dont need to tell Adelaide fans this but Darnell's foul on Lowery was 8 years ago and the same problem still exists.

Time to bring in replays so the refs can say ok ad 1 or 2 secs etc back on the clock.

Topic #14808 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Seconded.

Reply #174820 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

+1

Reply #174841 | Report this post

Fm  
Years ago

Ever thought that the foul occured with less than a second on the clock, however the whistle was blown on the buzzer?

Reply #174852 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Couple of things:

1. I dont want to see us having to stop every play to wait for a replay to add half a second on the clock.

2. The technology is only available in fox games.

3. The clock doesn't stop till the referee blows his whistle. So you have the reaction time of the ref to take into account.

I say no to using technology to working it out, the last 2 minute foul fest will get even worse.

Reply #174879 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Semi-related: the NBA and a lot of US colleges use a thing called Precision Time.

Sounds fine in theory but as soon as you introduce humans to the mix, things can go awry.

Reply #174893 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:41 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754