Oden08
Years ago

Two 3-Peats - can Kobe do it too?

With the Lakers travelling well and a reasonably young list, what are the chances of the Lakers getting another 3-peat? Bit of a long shot I know. Kobe woule emulate MJ (to a degree) and Phil would have 3-peat number 4!

Topic #14811 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

chances high.

top in west by 1 game at the moment.

playing very well.

with still ariza and bynum and radmanovic to return.

Reply #174839 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

With the way the NBA is these days, very unlikely. Teams are more willing than ever before to trade stars to win 'right now', so I cant see the Lakers being able to combat all that. Infact id be surprised if they won it all this season anyways.....probably going to be a bore fest AGAIN with the spurs or Pistons getting it done.

Reply #174843 | Report this post

How about they win one in a row first

Reply #174846 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

smooth ELG smooth. ur a dickhead.

Reply #174853 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Ouch. That must've hit a nerve....

Reply #174855 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Kobe-for-MVP, you've just come out and said the chances are high that the Lakers will go another three-peat and ELG has quite rightly put you back in your box. Chances of a Lakers 3 peat while Kobe's still there would be less than 50-1, hardly what you'd call high.

Reply #174856 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

I thought that was a good and slightly funny comment by ELG and your comeback was not very smart. It´s a fair comment that we start talking about 3peats after they win 1.

Reply #174860 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

If they trade Gasol for John Salley and Kobe for John Crotty they´ll get the job done.

Reply #174863 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I think it could be done- what have the Spurs won recently? 2 of the last 5? Teams can stay close to the top long enough to get three in a row but i doubt the Lakers are as unselfish a team as the Spurs

Reply #174872 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Kriss - Spurs have won 9 of the last 10 and are 1/2 game behind the Lakers with Parker just back in, and Kurt Thomas blocking up the middle.

Write them off at your peril.

Reply #174883 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think he means they've won 2 of the last 5 championships, not games.

Reply #174891 | Report this post

and the Spurs always get good now. (after the ASW)

And why are Laker fans so looking forward to ariza's return? So they can get more highlights on Sports centre?

Reply #174922 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Ariza gives us another defender at the perimiter from the SF position ELG

We need Bynum back and firing like he was before the injury

He is the key to a title

Reply #174935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:15 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754