Anonymous
Years ago

Caterers at Dome

Hows this?

Management have signed up with new caterers for 12years!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes....count them.....12 years!!!

Apparently been telling people that it was 5 as well.

Who signs up anything in this day and age for 12 years?????

Unbelievable.

Topic #1483 | Report this topic

In the know  
Years ago

A normal commercial arrangement would be 5 years + 5 years. 12 years sound unusual. Thats fantastic, expensive coke and cold hot dogs for everyone. I must remember when I go to the sixers again, to order a 'hot'hot dog but I am told this is an extra charge.

Reply #16884 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No way!

I would be interested in having this verified. After the criticism of the current administration of long-term deals from the previous admin too??

And I have heard endless complaints about the food too.

Reply #16886 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

I don't understand why BASA don't allow clubs to run a BBQ on a rotation basis as a fund raisor, out the front of the Powerhouse. Also they could allow food fans or stuff like that outside to give people an opportunity of variety. Next time I go I would rather eat before i go or not eat at all. I can't justify paying $7.80 for a hot dog and coke.

Reply #16890 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There may very well be restrictions in the contract which refer to competition.

I will also generally endure the pain of going without food for the duration of the game because it's overpriced and not very good.

Set up a sausage sizzle or fried rice stall for a reasonable price and I'd give that a go.

Reply #16898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no kidding!

i went to townsville vs 36ers

sausage roll - $3.20
classic shocolate - $3.20
salt and vinegar chips - $2.80

for a light meal it cost me $9.20

Reply #16899 | Report this post

Wound  
Years ago

the food at dome is nothing short of disraceful! I always smuggle my own food in. Thank god there is coopers.

Reply #16902 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

The problem is that BASA never look outside the square. Different varities of food is what we need. Bring back Murphy Spuds and the those long donut things.

Reply #16904 | Report this post

Bloody hell!  
Years ago

I also love the way the nachos are served with cold grated cheese....need i say more

Reply #16938 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Higgins was critised in the resturant for the quality of the food last week, but his reaction was pretty apathetic.

Apparently they are going to introduce a game ticket + food voucher combo to get people in the door. Wonder what genius thought up a plan like that with food people are jumping over mountains to eat. Will be shocked if they sell one ticket.

Reply #16944 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Which is sad because, quality of the food aside, a ticket/food voucher is a decent idea and something I suggested literally months ago.

We'll see how it goes.

Reply #16946 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754