Anonymous
Years ago

Junior Programme

I notice that in the program now released Western Magic have a team in U10 Div 1 Boys.

Is this a first for a none member club to have a div 1 team when a div 2 comp is available.

What they have now is a 9 team comp with a bye with total games are 16 for the season compared to a 21 game season for an 8 team comp

Surely at this age playing as many games as you can helps with their development

Topic #14851 | Report this topic

Qlder  
Years ago

Gee wow anon, really disturbs us that does.

Take your kiddy politics elsewhere!

Reply #175171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a politically sanitised site in which you are not permitted to question without ridicule so take your concern to BSA where on the surface they are required to give you a civil response.
I'd guess they believe your better playing less games against more than more games against less and as to non member clubs reaching div 1, I think thats a positive.

Reply #175174 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

To point out the obvious, there is no such thing as a member club any more.

Reply #175176 | Report this post

Out the window  
Years ago

Interesting point...I wonder that with the disbanding of the old BASA and that the old constitution has been thrown out the window, and that anything goes at the moment and old rules and regulations no longer apply. Would be interested if someone "in the know" could answer the question, it makes it a very interesting scenario then for the pro/rel debate if there are no regulations to be adhered to, can BSA make them up as they go along?

Reply #175177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are foundation clubs with set rights.

Reply #175204 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

There are no foundation clubs of BSA, so how can they have 'rights'?

Reply #175226 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I saw that Western Magic and one other club (Norwood? I can't remember, and the results are gone from Sporting Pulse) totally dominated the 6-team Div 2 summer comp. Both the Magic and the other team won their semi-finals by huge margins. It wouldn't make sense to leave them in Div 1 after that.

Reply #175230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 16 and 18 div 1 girls teams are not at the same venue as the 12 and 14 div 1 girls teams very often.

What happened to div 1 nights? If grades are uneven, surely at least all the teams can have the "home" nights most times?

Reply #175241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoops - wrong thread. Ignore.

Reply #175242 | Report this post

Hmmmmmmmm  
Years ago

Western Magic should NOT have a div 1 team anywhere regardless. They are not a BSA member club, they do not field an ABA team. If any Magic players wanna piece of div 1, they should be playing for Woodville or West.

Reply #175335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats it, poach all the talent...

Reply #175355 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Any club with a team good enough for Div 1 should have the chance to have their team play at that level. That's why it is imperative pro/rel is implemented.
If it works in Vic, then it can work here.

Reply #175393 | Report this post

Not suprised  
Years ago

Agree with LC here,

a) No such thing as a member club any more.

b) If any club, such as Western Magic or Torrens Valley are good enough to play div 1, why not.

If clubs want to get these kids then they need to engage a development officer and have them out and about.

Right now Magic are bigger than Eastern and Centrals. If they don't get their act together why should they be guarenteed a spot in div 1.

Reply #175396 | Report this post

Hmmmmmmmm  
Years ago

"Thats it, poach all the talent..."

Ha ha ha, think about what your saying!

Reply #175397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why develop good juniors when they are not getting senior game time and leaving the club due to imports and recruits????

Reply #175409 | Report this post

Years ago

It's under 10's, far out!
I know the little guys that play and they are awesome and deserve to be in div 1.
Quit complaining just coz u have some competition that happens to be Western Magic, who everyone seems to hate.
It's basketball.
It shouldn't have this many issues.

#13 =]

Reply #175715 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

most interesting that now magic want div 1 teams when the reason the majority left woodville was that div 1 and 2 was too hard or wanted to play at there level rather than develop as a club or are some of your memories too short

now bleating out to be div 1 - my how the worm has turned -

Reply #175806 | Report this post

in the know more  
Years ago

Eastern was never a member club, but they play div1
Eastern do not devlop players, they poach, go look at their aba team,oh and the coaches as well, look at how many under 10 teams they have.
Magic deserve a spot in div 1 over Eastern.
They have more teams
They develop
I was against Magic at first, but I think the club has put the wind up woodville and woodville are getting better because of it
"competition is the word"
We cannot have two country clubs in the comp, we have forestville. Magic in Eastern out

Reply #175818 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Reply #175822 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

OOPS, I was laughing so hard I hit the enter without entering anything....LOL...chuckle, LOL

Reply #175824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll just get this straight... Magic has not developed any players as of yet, they have taken developed players away from clubs mainly Woodville and West and left good players with not a chance of playing ABA.

They knew they were not able to play Div 1 because they would not be a member club but that didn't matter. So now they want div 1 teams? no, they've taken talented players and coach's away from clubs where they could have made names for themselves. so by no means do they deserve to be rewarded with any division 1 teams.

Reply #175827 | Report this post

in the know more  
Years ago

Explain to me how magic have taken players from other clubs to enter under 10 teams......they must have people at the woodville training sessions.
I argument is Magic versus Eastern, who has more teams, who has under 10 teams

Reply #175836 | Report this post

Years ago

We haven't taken any players they come to us coz they don't like their old club. I talk to the people that come to magic and they didn't get taken by us, they wanted to play for us. same thing goes for the coaches we dont 'take them' its their choice.

We have developed plenty of players, how would you know that we haven't? I used to play for Magic when we we're social and I have come so far being in district with magic, my skills have increaed MASSIVELY. Just coz you can't take it doesn't mean you get to diss us.

Stop complaining becuase we have a div 1 team and it's possible for us to have more. If our teams have the skills to be in div 1 then they should be in div 1. It's simple.

#13 :]
I e Western Magic =]

Reply #176636 | Report this post

Years ago

It didn't come up but there was a love hear there.
I <3 Western Magic

Reply #176638 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

SO where did they come from Mars ??
check previous club played history #13 - fact not fiction

Reply #176971 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754