raytri
Years ago

36ers coach: Rob Beveridge in with a chance

Looks like Rob Beveridge is the new coach

(Mod: Edited your title to reflect the eventual media report.)

Topic #14872 | Report this topic

ballin is life  
Years ago

how does it "look like Rob Beveridge is the new coach" ???

Reply #175463 | Report this post

Fat Bottomed Girl  
Years ago

Thanks for that Rob.

..and most of Adelaide is asking; Rob who?

Reply #175465 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Oops, jumped the gun... Still a lot of hot air about nothing

Reply #175469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

their offer is under what he wants

Reply #175471 | Report this post

jokker  
Years ago

Amazing news that Beveridge who has done nothing in the N.B.L except finish 11th in his first attempt at coaching men. Is turning it down due to offer being to low.Also heard Tad Baldwin didnt even interview because offer was not worth his time.Mal cutting back everywhere guess the team is next looks very much like last 5 years.Ninnis is in the team will be crap and now it will be his fault just like it was the last coach.Feel sorry for Ninnis all ready but you get what you pay for.

Reply #175476 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Jokker me thinks you are a friend of the guy who can not be mentioned. You are way off teh mark with some of your recent comments.

If you are listening to someone who used to be paid by the lcub to coacj then i suggest you get a new source for information.

Reply #175484 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

well said Kent. Jokker you have no idea what you are talking about.

Reply #175488 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

sounds good will be interesting to see how Beveridge goes, he should be able to recruit and develop good young players to go with our veterans like Maher and Davidson.
Newley was on the emus team with him so i wonder if he will be able to attract him back along with guys like Bruce and Maric when they finish college.
Hopefully he can get the 36ers into the playoffs n get us a stronger roster than the pigs had.
Would guys like Ballinger and Hodge be interested in playing for someone like Beveridge??

Reply #175504 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

also just looked at the free agent list and out of the guys who are on there from West Sydney who would people want Beveridge to bring with him??
I wouldnt mind Hinson, especially if Ballinger stays and naturalises and we can keep Hodge, and also Petrie would be handy

PG Hinson/Davidson
SG Maher/Ng
SF Hodge/Petrie
PF Ballinger/Dodman
C Cooper/Mottram or Schenscher

I reckon a team like that would be decent, even better if he can recruit us one or 2 of his emus like Bruce or Maric, interesting times ahead.

Reply #175506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be VERY suprised if Maric comes back to play in the NBL anytime in the near future. Bruce looks like a good chance now, however.

Reply #175523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To come back to the NBL that is, not necessarily Adelaide.

Reply #175524 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If Beveridge is selected I'd like to see if he could drag across Damien Martin, Liam Rush, Julian Khazzouh and maybe Anthony Petrie (I think he's just resigned for 2 year).

Replace Martin with Sutton, Rush with Copeland, Khazzouh with Dench and possible Petrie with Ng (that's if Ng doesn't come back).

Davidson/Martin
Rush/Maher (6th man)
Hodge(or Import)/Petrie
Ballinger (or Import)/Mottram
Khazzouh/Cooper

Problem is that team is very close to the max of 68 which would make it very hard to bring in another import once Balls becomes an Aussie. Cooper could probably have his points revised.

Ng coming back does us huge favors as he's only rated a 5.

Davidson/Martin
Ng/Maher (6th man)
Hodge (or Import)/Petrie
Ballinger (or Import)/Mottram
Khazzouh/Cooper

Brings us around the 64/65 range.

Reply #175527 | Report this post

Number21  
Years ago

Why not Maher has 6th?

Reply #175528 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'd prefer Maher to be the 6th man next year.

I don't think he can holdup for the whole season being a permanent starter playing 30+ mins a night. I'd be willing to limited his minutes to the early-mid 20's to make sure he remains injury free. I'd refer he start the game a little slower and later, but be fresh and available in the last quarter.

Reply #175530 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

May I suggest bringing in a whole bunch of outsiders may not be the best move at this early stage.

Reply #175539 | Report this post

Bevo holding out for more money, was under the impression that the Sixers was a rich club but has been offered a contract well under what he is getting at West Sydney, looks likely to stay put.

Reply #175550 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"May I suggest bringing in a whole bunch of outsiders may not be the best move at this early stage."

Agree.....The 6ers finished the season quite well. Allow an import after Ballinger naturalises, work the bench a little, and go from there.

If they can get Hodge back, that's a fair team the way it is.

Reply #175553 | Report this post

Jambo  
Years ago

Rob Beveridge as a potential coach? I'll drink to that!

Boom-tish!

(worst joke evaaaa)

Reply #175561 | Report this post

cash$$  
Years ago

Funny Jambo! 36ers have not been a rich club since juniors stop funding them!

Reply #175571 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

About 25% under would be my guess

Reply #175576 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Very good Dicko.

Reply #175586 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Damn.....

I thought it would take a good deal to get Bevo. 25% less then what he's getting at the Pigs isn't very encouraging at all.

Reply #175622 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Would Ninnis accept the job for that money?? is it the lowest paying job in the league or is it reasonable compared to most but Beveridge just gets a bit more from West Sydney??

Reply #175625 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jonno, AFAIK, it's on par with what other coaches are probably getting. And I'd guess that Ninnis would accept that offer were it made to him.

Reply #175632 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Isaac....Yes and Yes.....IMHO

Reply #175641 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

i say if its inline with other coaches, give Ninnis the same offer and first to accept gets the job. Its not like Bevo is a champiionship winning coach with heaps of experience.

Reply #175677 | Report this post

Wayville 60  
Years ago

Actually, he is a World Championship winnig coach.

Reply #175688 | Report this post

Go Figure  
Years ago

And Wollongong chose Cooks over Beveridge.

And Cooks beat Beveridge in all three games this year - And all three games the Hawks played with one import.

Cooks is a better coach then Beveridge & Phil and definitely worth a look in.

Reply #175776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Figure.

Reply #175778 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was very impressed by the Wollongong Hawks record this season despite their roster. Great work by Cooks and probably a strong contribution by Franklin also.

Reply #175935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:17 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754