This one goes out to Lakers fans and anyone interested

Fisher of late has struggled

Farmer on the other hand is the PG of the future for the Lakers

In todays game

Fishers stats

24 minutes for 7pts on 2-11 fg, 1 ass, 3 reb, 2 to

Farmer

24 minutes for 24pts on 9-14 fg, 4 reb, 3 ass, steals, 1 to, 1 block

I know Phil Jackson loves the Vets, but is it time to give Farmer the start and see how he goes

Thoughts?

Topic #14889 | Report this topic

Chewy  
Years ago

No, I'm a Lakers fan and I think that we need to keep Fisher starting and bring in Farmar off the bench. Fisher knows the triangle very well and fits in well with the Lakers starting 5. Farmar is a great 6th man to come off the bench and energize the team.

Maybe next season, but not when the Lakers are putting all the pieces together for a shot at a title.

Reply #175702 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

also not taking anything away from farmar but he seems to be more of a shoot first pg to me? i cud be wrong but yeh in that laker team you'd def need a pg to be a distributor

Reply #175704 | Report this post

OG Loc  
Years ago

Why would one mess with something so good?

Keep it as is and let the chip come. :D

Reply #175706 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Its just a thought

Fisher is just as great off the bench, a role he played with LA and then at Utah

As for Farmar being a shoot first PG, i dont think he is

Farmar avgs 2.7 assists in 21 minutes

Fisher 2.8 in 27 minutes

Im a fan of Fisher, dont get me wrong....just thing he is going thru a shooting slump at the moment

Then again...OG is right...why mess with it, when we are winning

Reply #175709 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

Not really important. Lakers going(going fishing) home after the first round. The same as every year since Shaq left. Talk it up Fezlington and enjoy the regular season, because you will not win a playoff series.

Reply #175711 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

disagree adelaide 36ers

i think the lakers have what it takes to go all the way this year. I think that they have a great depth that many teams dont. Come playoff time i think the lakers will be a force to be reckoned with.

Reply #175716 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Its an interesting one Fez - agreed that Farmar is our future but at the moment Id leave Fisher in the starting 5. We are winning and playing well as a group so no need to mess with things at the moment.

As for A elaide 36ers.....you just seem to like posting negatives for the sake of it at the moment - care yo put some substance to why you think the Lakers will fall in such a hole come playoff time?

Reply #175718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1. Kobe
2. Odom
3. Walton
4. Gasol
5. Bynum

Reply #175721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles

Reply #175726 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Fish, he ay be struggling but he provides us with so much leadership out there along with experience.

Jordan is having a fantastic year of the bench so why not leave him there.

We haver won 10 straight games so why make a dramatic change.

Leave it all how it is i say.

Reply #175741 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

the lakers need farmars impact off the bench

Reply #175742 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I just would hate to see the Lakers lose farmer due to lack of being given court time

IN the past we have lost guys like Pargo and Lue who have been serviceable at the teams they have moved on to

Farmer is a much player that both those two by a mile....just would hate to see him look to another team coz Phil likes Vets ahead of the younger players

Adelaide36ers......Lakers are 23-8 vs Western Conference teams

What makes u think we are going out in the first round??

Good to see Crittenton had 22pts off the bench today

Reply #175760 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

jordan is a shoot first PG, he may have as many assists as fisher, but doesnt create a shot for other people as much as fisher, jordan will look to score first.

on another note, is it just me, or does anyone else notice that Phil of the NBA loves vets, as does our Phil of the NBL... hmmmm little interesting

Reply #175766 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

i was at the game the other night when farmar hit 24pts, he had an outstanding game and should have started that game.

but all in all, i could tell fisher has a cult following in LA, everytime he gets the ball, the crowd were wooing him on to make the big play!

ever since he hit the shot against spurs (i think it was the spurs) the crowd loves him, and he cant put a foot wrong in their eyes.

Reply #175829 | Report this post

Cat 20  
Years ago

I know Kobe is the man but Fisher is the leader of that team. The second unit need Jordan to be there man. There is no way the Lakers will be a first round loser this year, I wont be surprised if they go in the second round though.

Reply #175861 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:12 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754