drB
Years ago

Scott "KEN DOLL" Fisher

I am not sure if there has been a thread or not about Scott Fisher antics over this final series and also the season.

It quite clear he is the coach that all of the other coaches despise.

Recent example the latest final in perth with Bill Tomlinson getting into a row with Ken doll and his coaching team, and also with Gleeson.

What is fisher problem?

I personally think arrogance and disrespect, i heard he was once in lift with another major coach who said hi, and he completely ignored him.

The guy is a puppet for someone at perth, his timouts on fox clearly indicate he doesnt have much of an idea.

What are other peoples thoughts on Scott 'Ken doll' Fisher

Its pretty clear he will never will a coach of the year if he keeps up with these antics too other coaches.

Topic #14893 | Report this topic

igotmadskills  
Years ago

I think hes a pretty good coach. if you look at his team you would not have predicted that they had a chance to even make the top 4 let alone have a chance to make the gfinal.
When perth played adelaide in adelaide he called his timeouts at exactly the right times and basically killed our momentum each time and went away with the win.
I thought the argument was between assistants and fisher pulled the assistant coach away.

Reply #175745 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Id say he doesnt care too much about Coach of the year...his team is 1 win away from a GF berth! As a personality, I could never stand him as a player, and nothings changed since his coaching career. Thing is the league needs a loud ASS like Fisher to help with the entertainment factor, guys like Pigs Watkins last season are the guys i get bored with. Lets face it, we love guys we can yell at through the TV, like Goorj and Fish. Funny thing for me Al Westover awesome, pity Anstey is killing the league with his non marketable yet remarkable ability! Would it kill him to smile or show some emotion! Clearly he has shaped his game based on Tim 'put me to sleep' Duncan ;)

Reply #175746 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Anstey does show emotion .. hang on, is "superdickery" an emotion ?

Reply #175754 | Report this post

Wildcats suck  
Years ago

Compare Fisher to lets say Brett Maher. Both have had outstanding playing careers. If you walked into a room and knew nothing about basketball who would you pick between the as the arrogant c**t. Rhetorical question. It is remarkable with all that he has achieved that Maher remains down to earth. Fisher putting a round ball through a hoop that can fit two round balls is not like curing cancer. Do not get me started Rickey (dis)Grace or Vlahov.

Reply #175757 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

DRB

I think if u look at the footage of that incident in Perth at the end of the game, Fisher actually kept a level head and walked away from the clear shove in the back Tomlinson gave him

Who gives a shit about Coach of the Year

Fish wants titles....just like he did as a player

Reply #175758 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

drB.. what the f*ck?

Scott was completely calm and collected after the last game, I was there, it was the assistant coaches that were battling it out.

Is this some kindof personal slag?
I think you'll be struggling to find anyone that agrees with you, Scott's been the best coach the Wildcats have had in some time.

Reply #175777 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

you have got to be joking me (ref KEN DOLL A GOOD COACH), watch fisher tonight in his timeouts, he has no idea, the assistant is the one who seems to be the coach. Watch KEN DOLL scribble on the board its GOLD!

Gleeson was 100% correct pulling fisher up for his performance.

Its safe to say i am not a fan of KEN DOLL, for two reasons, he can't coach and he is an arrogant t*sser.

I cant stand the kings, but, GO KINGS!

Reply #175779 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

DRb....i would love for u to call him a tosser to his face

I reckon he would put u flat on ur ARSE

The timeouts u see where he doesnt speak are when the camera is on him

Ever thought he might not want to give away plays while the camera is on him

WildcatsSuck.....wtf has Grace and Vlahov got to do with this???

Reply #175799 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

fez, i would say it to his face if i had the opportunity. you sound jus as much as a tool as ken doll.

vlahov and grace, mmm rumor around town is that if fisher didnt make the GF or win it his job wasnt safe. Very interesting comments by ricky grace on fox. Anyone know if he is interested in coaching? His comments were informative, clear and spot on. Fisher needs to go for perth to win a flag.

Reply #175821 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Watching a couple of Cats games this season from right behind their bench I must admit that Fisher (who I always loved to hate when he played) came across as cool and calm and very controlled on the sidelines and in time outs. It was his assistant (the tall really skinny one) who needed a punch in the nose for his antics. He was just a totally out of control whiney knob (all IMO of course)

Reply #175825 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Certainly got out coached last night! That was shocking!

Reply #175834 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:15 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754