and mal is a jerk

Topic #14936 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for that Voldemort

Reply #176280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mal hasn't got any money abc learning centre going broke and sixers are going backwards

Reply #176281 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good God!

I know that this is a public forum, but how can every single decision that the 6ers make be wrong, or worth bagging?

I admit, I have written a thing or 2 regarding the way people have coached, but FFS, this is the way the team has chosen to move on. Can't we see what happens for a few months before bagging AS SOON AS a decision has been made public????

How on earth is this going backwards??

Reply #176282 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

"Hodge won't sign
Jacob is a waste of time
and mal is a jerk"

More like HOOPS SA is going backwards:

Anon 14936 wont shut up.
These posts are a waste of time
and are created by jerks.

I used your same format but made it slightly more accurate.

Reply #176285 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Nah, but seriously.

Hodge probably won't sign but only cause he is good enough to take his game the the NBA. Holmes is NOT a waste of space. If he is then explain why has been named a Boomer and the South Dragons MVP. Mal does have money, how would he have bought the Sixers if he didn't? Mal is not a jerk, he is thoroughly focused and making the Sixers better, the man wasn't results and is doing his best, you can't hate a man for that.
Things are looking alright. We should have a good squad next year including Ballinger, two imports, Ng, Maher, Davidson, Holmes (hopefully its true), Mottram etc.

Reply #176286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Knob!)

Reply #176293 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Screw all the negative posts! Im very happy with this decision....give some home grown talent ago! If you dont like it, piss off and dont buy tickets! Sick of the tall poppy syndrome in the country!

Ninny go get that title!

Reply #176296 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

anon 176293 that mottram comment is beyond low and is also litegious (how ever you spell) request a mod remove it as its out right offensive to mottram and his parents

Reply #176297 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Let's look at rebuilding and giving Ninnis some time to establish his style and a squad to suit.

Reply #176300 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

agree thomo, VERY low. Not cool.

"nick you a geek holmes is a no hoper hodge is not good enough for NBA and ninnis has coached sturt that is really moving forward"

Thanks for demonstrating how much you know about basketball anon, anything else you wish to share with us in order to further showcase your amazingly limited knowledge?

Reply #176304 | Report this post

Ninnis has won titles in the ABl by having the best team and "getting" the best players from other clubs. The year he did not have the most talent he did not win. And bombed at nationals. So lets hope this ABL recruiter can win or the Sixers can buy a stacked team. Jobs for the boys again. People talk how Ninnis did all the preseason for the Dragons before Price came in. How did they start again??

Reply #176305 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

So that means Price, Ninnis, Heal AND Molloy are all horrible coaches.

Reply #176311 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Kobe24, telling people to piss off and don't buy tickets is not what the club needs. Atleast you are happy and will buy tickets. The club will survive with one fan, haha.

Reply #176321 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

We need to try and grab some young kids coming back from America aswell as looking around here. We need to sign Balls, just purely he will be naturlised so we can get another import later.

We need to look outside Adelaide for this to work. We have tried a lot of young kids from here and unless they are used for the whole year and not just after all hope is lost we wont get anywhere

I'm also glad that Ninnis is coach

Reply #176322 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

EC Ninnis has been signed, cant change that, so im saying instead of trying to spread negative toxic comments around about a positive new beginning, the unhappy posters can shove it and just not come along. With the way the future looks, their seats will be quickly filled by true fans.

Reply #176326 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"At the request of Scott Ninnis, all past and future, negative or positive comments containing the text "Ninnis" will be made unavailable."

Careful guys....It's only a matter of time :-)

Reply #176330 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Speaking of which, does this mean the ban can finally be lifted?

Reply #176332 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

phil smyth

Reply #176339 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

guess not ..lol

Reply #176340 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Yes lets give Scotty a chance but lets not be naive that we havent got real financial restraints or that Mal has done a good job .
Chappel fiasco
Previous coach stuff up. For his, the club and supporters benefit should have been clearly told not be re appointed before season end.
Coaches appointement here we know who our new coach but no official appointment been announced -- very un proffesional.
We didnt get the best coach possible we got one within our budget and total coaching package apparently close to half previous 3-4 years.
Ballinger should have been signed up before season end.
Scoreboard etc
Short of funds and a rookie coach indicates we may have trouble getting squad we all would like to see.
How much is Hodge going to want to return after his success if no N B A . Glad to move fwd from Phyl era but it is a big jump for Scotty and he needs Mals full support and Quick decisions.

Reply #176371 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

bretts, Mal is interstate. You'd think an official announcement will be made when he returns on Friday.

Reply #176376 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Welcome to the frustration of negative posts. Now maybe some of you will know what I have felt like for the past couple of years. Funny how all the anti-phil people were negative for so long, and now that the boot is on the other foot so to speak, we start to hear the anti- negative posts brigade.
Unfortunately, the culture of this place is one of negative posts, no matter what the news is.

Reply #176397 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Isaac that probably case but although there are sometimes leaks before announcement , this is not a leak we actually know it is fact. Should have done before or keep in house until Mal gets back. being closer you may see more positives than most of us . But we certainly havent look very professional from general supporters eyes over last 6 months and I reckon our sixers budget for this year will be under last bad 2 years of basa.
Hope more positives to come out and we get back up there again playing with real passion

Reply #176403 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Very hard to restrict leaks. Ninnis talks to the players, and word gets out. He starts immediately on recruiting targets, and word gets out.

Dana, glass half empty! Loads of great posts on here along with the criticisms. I don't think the culture you speak of is specific to this forum.

Reply #176408 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Don't you mean 'unique' rather than 'specific'?

Reply #176409 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

We have all been bitching all year that Baldermort had to go - he is gone - replaced by a great South Aussie who is well liked and well respected - should we all be happy? Give him a go.

We are getting Holmes back - another South Aussie - we need to look after our own - shouldn't we be happy?

Hodges may not sign - he is worth more than $50K in a small league ... he could be getting more money anywhere - be happy that we got him for 12 games & that he seemed to care for those 12 games.

Reply #176411 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Bretts the man, with regards to budgets I see it as a good thing taht Mal is being sensible with regards to payments so far. It appears that we missed coach choice # 1 as we refused to pay above market rate, therefore option 2 was snapped up. Id rater see this senario than the club overpaying and in turn this affecting the clubs profitability long term. For stability the club needs to be financially viable or Mal will tire of constantly having to dip into his pocket to prop up a club that is losing money. When he does, its sale time and the whole cycle starts again.

Reply #176413 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dana, general meaning and intent is more or less the same. Did you mean "in place of" in place of "rather than"? ;)

Reply #176420 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Hardy Haahhh Isaac..... ;)

Reply #176425 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Statman I agree with your point. The only small difference is Beveridge wasnt above market or anywhere near previous coach I believe.But if cant afford you cant afford or savings help to spend on plyrs yes we do not want to start again. re - rumours they happen but this wasnt rumours, let out fully before club announcement for Scotty to have permission to approach plyrs and might as well not have a announcement really.
Dana Dana we will agree one day. i think the posts have been really positive by huge majority.
Mine and others you see as negatives are concerns and views. Your great love was greedy lazy and our postings were negatives about how he treated the posistion and glad to see him move on.

Reply #176441 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754