Anonymous
Years ago

Who can Ninnis get us?

what players can ninnis get us?

and who is leaving now that Ninnis is the coach?

Topic #14938 | Report this topic

anony  
Years ago

great appointment hope all get on board a local lad done the hard yards has the experience and will bring local expertise together - recognised hard worker and with right support will have an impact - you think players elsewhere be thinking about adelaide as an option - this means both ex SA players and others - the bar has suddenly moved up a notch or two - should make for very competitive selection of squad - bring on the season
sixers are go

Reply #176306 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Ninnis is argely respected amongst Adelaide folk but I don't know what his reputation is like interstate. Should help lure Holmes though.

Reply #176307 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Man, I feel exhausted after trying to read your highly articulate post. I got there there in the end but it was a struggle ;). just jokes.

Reply #176309 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

John Walker and Jack Daniels to be the new import tandem . And a toast of Adam Bollinger to celebrate status oz .

Reply #176312 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

thats funny herd wild turkey was in the running as well the allstar power forward Jim Beam

Reply #176313 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

ballinger and hodge are leaving...."wont play for anyone but coach Phil"

stupid comments

Reply #176338 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

On topic, I would expect Scott to look at bringing back the best of SA's talent over the next few seasons, as contracts expire with otehr clubs, etc.

I know he's VERY close with Catt and Mahersy (although they're both close to retirement, eh?), I know he has a great relationship with guys like Newley, Ingles and Holmes and suspect he's probably on good terms with Forman, Kersten and the like. He works well with all players but he has a soft spot for the SA guys.

He's certainly well respected around the league. When I asked Goorjian about who should replace Smyth he answered "Ninnis" before the question was even finished. He should know.

Face it, if you got SOME guys back like Oscar, Jacob, Newley, etc...looked at gaining a few young blokes like Kersten and Hill. Add a couple of bigs (Cooper/Mottram) and a decent import group (including a naturalised Ballinger) and kept a few of what you're got (reduced role for Maher), Davidson, etc.

If Ninnis managed something like this you'd have to be pretty damned happy.

Reply #176346 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

On topic, I would expect Scott to look at bringing back the best of SA's talent over the next few seasons, as contracts expire with otehr clubs, etc.

I know he's VERY close with Catt and Mahersy (although they're both close to retirement, eh?), I know he has a great relationship with guys like Newley, Ingles and Holmes and suspect he's probably on good terms with Forman, Kersten and the like. He works well with all players but he has a soft spot for the SA guys.

He's certainly well respected around the league. When I asked Goorjian about who should replace Voldemort he answered "Ninnis" before the question was even finished. He should know.

Face it, if you got SOME guys back like Oscar, Jacob, Newley, etc...looked at gaining a few young blokes like Kersten and Hill. Add a couple of bigs (Cooper/Mottram) and a decent import group (including a naturalised Ballinger) and kept a few of what you're got (reduced role for Maher), Davidson, etc.

If Ninnis managed something like this you'd have to be pretty damned happy.

Reply #176347 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Damn happy to have him on board and steering the ship . Be nice to have someone with the hands on the wheel instead of in their pockets .

Reply #176350 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

i think ninnis is a great pick up, he has been aiming for this job for year since he stopped playing, seems to have great passion for the game and works hard and gives time to young players, hence his role in the academy and setting it up in the first place. The fact he is known to have a good relationship with guys like Ingles, Holmes and Newley shows he is a good coach who works well with young players and probably any player. Didnt he have a fair involvement in getting Newley to Townsville??? and also Ingles and Holmes to South?? im fairly certain he did and also guys like Matt Burston who i wouldnt mind to come in an replace Mottram to be honest.
The fact he got an endorsement by Goorj shows even more credentials in my opinion, as Goorj would have some idea about his coaching and it possibly came from speaking to guys like Holmes, Ingles, etc over time, so he obviously has a good reputation around the league. Which would have to help recruiting players.
I personally prefer Ninnis than Beveridge because of those reasons, he is a local and also has a passion for the 36ers!! I like having former SA/36ers champions coaching the club, like phil was also.
The fact Beveridge didnt take the job cos of $$$ shows he is not passionate about the club of the Adelaide 36ers and i would rather have someone with the passion than someone just chasing money. Beveridge may be a good coach but he has only coached one season, and won something like 10 games so is hardly proven at NBL level so in my opinion hasnt deserved the big $$ so im glad the 36ers went with Ninnis instead of over paying Beveridge.
Good luck, cant wait to see next season and look forward to seeing what kind of roster he can get us!

Reply #176352 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Dicko good post waiting for you to come out with appointment of your mate . I think you got him the job with your posts over last 6 months

Reply #176373 | Report this post

Ninnis factor  
Years ago

Jonno,
Beveridge would not have been looking to be overpayed - just not ridiculously underpaid as was the offer I'd heard was put to him. 10 wins with THAT team is amazing. Watching when they played us here, they had a fiesty attitude, worked their butts off and the players didn't pout or sook when subbed off - I really liked their style of game. Hopefully he gets a chance with an improved roster (whether at WS or elsewhere) to see how he goes.

Having said that, I'm stoked Scotty got the job. He is extremely passionate about the club, hopefully some of that filters through to the players (too often missing in the past few years). Good luck Scott!

Reply #176383 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

On topic. The list is endless. He knows who is coming through the AIS. He has made his own network of connections. All he has to do is expand his network OS if he hasn't already.
I think his appointment is a step in the right direction. Give him a try and see how he goes. He cannot really do any worse than Valdermort did in the last couple of years.....

Reply #176457 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754