Isaac
Years ago

Scott Fisher quits as Perth coach

Wildcats coach Scott Fisher has quit as coach of the club and will return to the United States.

Fisher, who was recruited by the Wildcats in the 1990s, had a decorated playing career with the WA basketball team, before taking over as coach several years ago.

PerthNow: Scott Fisher quits as Wildcats coach

Topic #14958 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quit or was pushed?

Reply #176602 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Surely the most disappointed people with this would be the Townsville coaching staff. They would have been counting down days to play them at home, win in a blowout and call a completely meaningless timeout with little time left.

Reply #176603 | Report this post

jonesy  
Years ago

Radio 6pr has said that Fisher resigned- to return to US with his family

Reply #176607 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Damn! I always hated this man with passion. Hopefully the replacement will be someone I can boo and hate.

I've always hated Perth with passion. However I never minded Ricky Grace.

Reply #176613 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Phil to take over.

Championship with that squad to Perth. Bookmark it now.

Reply #176616 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

Joe M - will that also mean you will now be supporting the Wildcats and will post only on their fan forum?

If so I hope Phil does move West!

Reply #176617 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

MS bite me - I have shown my support to scottie so BITE me.

If some of you diots did 1/1000th for basketball Phil did - we would be a super power as a nation.

Grow up

Reply #176618 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Be fair. Joe's been good value recently and given Scott the same support he gave Phil.

And whether or not Phil heads West, Perth are in a very enviable position - Redhage, Rogers, Loughton and Crawford are a great local quartet. Add two imports, clean out the bench a bit, and they'll be tough. They finished top four with one below-average import and a weak bench - pretty impressive.

Reply #176620 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

scott was definately pushed, i suggest either the assistant coach has got the job or we could see ricky grace.

Reply #176621 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Does anyone believe that Scott was really the coach?
They got rid of one assistant (David Ingham) because it was too apparent who was really coaching the team and then hired a new assistant (Connor Henry) who has kept a lower profile (except when the finals were played). Scott was loved by the club sponsors and it was more beneficial for the club to promote him as the 'coach'. They certainly have a strong team base and with some clever recruiting could become a serious contender in 2008/2009, but, this may depend on who they sign up as the new 'coach'. Connor Henry seems to be fairly astute so he may get the job.

Reply #176623 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Phil was interviewed on ABC Radio yesterday morning and he ruled out an interstate move due to his children living here and his youngest wants him to remain in Adelaide.

But let the speculation continue anyway.

Reply #176624 | Report this post

Tangles  
Years ago

Joe M

Are you referring to the number of times phil went to the U18 National Champioships while they were in Adelaide.

Reply #176625 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Did anyone see Grace get interviewed on Fox the other night? Apparently flew in just to watch the Sydney game. Maybe he flew in for a coaching job interview?

Reply #176626 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tangles, don't troll.

Reply #176629 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I would expect Grace would make a very good coach. If I was Perth I would definitely give him a go.

Reply #176632 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

I expect Joe McKay to make a strong bid. Held in very high regard in WA. Only problem is that the Wildcats love their Americans.

Reply #176634 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Would love to have Ricky Grace coaching the Cats

And i wish Fish all the best for the future

Reply #176635 | Report this post

As i said the other day Conner Henry has this job.

Reply #176639 | Report this post

blazefan  
Years ago

Seems strange he is returning 'home' to the US with family. Having been on the Australian scene for 20 years I would of thought that home was now somewhere here (Perth or Melbourne). Was he a regular returner during off-seasons perhaps?

Despite the now grey hair, he'll always remind me of the male star in the very first 'adult' movie I ever saw. The late 80's/early 90s version of Fish was a dead ringer for this guy (No it definitely wasn't Tom Hanks!!)

Reply #176647 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

The real question is, can Ricky Grace find 12 left-handers for his roster so they can run his offence.

Reply #176655 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

It pretty sad in Fishes behalf, we had him on our Aussie team as a player, accepted him as an Aussie Citizen NOW HE MOVES AWAY at the end of it all?.

I think hes sold out and took us all 4 a big ride, money talks.

Reply #176667 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Oh sh*t.... has someones ban been lifted????? does this mean DDFan could be making a return???

Reply #176680 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have rebanned him. Doesn't seem to get the "DO NOT WANT" part. Within about 5 seconds, he's contributed drivel to a number of threads and then spammed his music all over the place. Won't take the hint.

Reply #176683 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

looks like my famous WILSON!! comment is now been banished from the Powerhouse.
im with You champ33 my passion to dislike Perth but
lets try to remember fisher for his Giants days as the player he was in the league not the coach,
Respect to Scott Fisher for his 15-20 years service.

Reply #176688 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Surmdog

Fisher was a good player, but I always disliked the man. He's attitute and voice irrate me.

Also I've always hated Perth and hate losing to them.

Valhov caused a lot of problems as a Wildcat.

Reply #176689 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Joe m your man bled us financially with huge wages and with huge lack of effort and care about our club and dont anyone listen to his dribble about his committment to his family PLEASE
He has been well and truly rewarded fos premierships turn the page.
Go west old man go west

Reply #176691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bretts the man - are you talking about Phil here?

Because if you're referring to huge wages, you don't know what you're talking about.

Phil was NOT on a massive salary like everyone believes. I for a fact know exactly how much he was on and he wasn't the one responsible for bleeding the club dry at all.

Reply #176693 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah, that was the colonel!

Reply #176694 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Sad to see a charector leave the game. As much as people disliked him outside Perth he was a drawcard.

Shane Heal, Boy George they are all good for the game people

Reply #176743 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:51 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754