Isaac
Years ago

Venue to watch WNBL Grand Final?

The Link Lightning are able to host a venue for fans to watch the WNBL Grand Final if there is enough interest.

It would be in the Apollo Restaurant at the Dome.

Air Conditioned
4 TVs
Soft drinks available for purchase
BYO Food

RSVP to Carla Boyd by Friday 12 noon if you are interested.

This will only go ahead if the numbers are large enough, so RSVP if you are wanting to go along.

Topic #14967 | Report this topic

Dana  
Years ago

Hi Isaac,
Will it be a live feed or delayed like on ABC?
Cheers.

Reply #176692 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have no idea - email Carla and ask. I would suspect everyone outside of the venue itself would be watching the delayed ABC feed?

Reply #176695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delayed. ABC/WNBL were unable to provide a live feed I believe.

Reply #176699 | Report this post

well done  
Years ago

thanks carla and isaac

i hope some will go.

good to see the club grab it by the horns and do something.

let's hope there is celebrations to be had!

Reply #176726 | Report this post

well done  
Years ago

needs little orange basketball !

Reply #176727 | Report this post

well done  
Years ago

just one more before i go...

great that this has been organized - but i hope it is not too late in week for the word to get out.

would have been good to sell it to the crowd at the end of last weeks prelim final

ie come to dome next sat - etc could do BBQ etc as well

anyway - I'm a lover not a hater - so i will let it rest

Reply #176732 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've been asked to pass this on:

I have contacted ABC and they are unable to change the time for the final on TV in Adelaide and they do not have the funding or facilities to supply us with a live feed to the Dome from Wollongong, unfortunately there is nothing else I can do other than what I have done with ABC. Also we didn't announce this last week about the Dome as we were trying to find a hotel that would supply the fans with discounted food and drinks and a big screen for them to watch the game on but Port Power play Saturday afternoon and I have been told that the big screens would only be used to show that game.

At this stage there has been no interest in coming to The Dome so the option to come to The Dome and watch the game will not be going ahead.

Thanks

Carla Boyd
Chief Executive Officer

Reply #176869 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

geez it must be tough to be involved in the WNBL.

Congrats and good luck to the team to Carla and to everyone involved at The Link Lightning .

Reply #176874 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably a bit of a hard sell given that it's on mainstream TV and is easy for people to watch at home.

Reply #176896 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

They usually have a play by play WNBL live feed on the net don't they Isaac?

Reply #176911 | Report this post

thanks carla - good to see the front office getting amongst it

Reply #177011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754