Isaac
Years ago

John Milbank wins WNBL's Best Photograph 07/08

Congratulations to John Milbank (partner of forum sponsor and 36ers photographer Yvonne) for winning the WNBL's Best Photograph award in their Media Awards announced today.

Adelaide-based photographer John Milbank receives the award for Best Photograph for his shot of the dynamic Erin Phillips gliding through the air and Townsville Fire defenders on her way to the basket.
Also in SA, Peter Walsh and Andrea Williamson nabbed Best Radio Coverage for the second straight year.

Here's the full list of award winners:
Best Daily Newspaper Coverage  Julia Whyte (The Canberra Times)
Best Local Newspaper Coverage  Bendigo Advertiser
Best Feature Article  Newspaper or Magazine  Julia Whyte (The Canberra Times) 'Long hours but little capital gain.'
Best Radio Coverage  Presenter Peter Walsh, Producer Andrea Carnie (ABC Radio Sport, Adelaide)
Best On-line Coverage  Craig Revell (SportRadio.com.au)
Best News story  Television  Rebecca Glen (WIN News Bendigo) 'Launching the Spirit.'
Best Photograph  John Milbank
John, if you've got the photo handy and want to put it up for people to see, let me know.

Topic #14968 | Report this topic

john  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac.

This is the second time in three seasons that Yvonne Milbank Photography has taken out this award. Yvonne won it in 2005-06.

We're very grateful and humbled that the WNBL judges have looked so kindly on our work.

John

Reply #176705 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I am guessing this is the winner (here is hoping it works

If not Click Here

Reply #176707 | Report this post

yvonne  
Years ago

Thanks Bluey - that is the shot.

Great shooting John in your first season of basketball photography.

Congratulations also to Peter Walsh and Andrea Carnie who do a tremendous job for the WNBL and the NBL.

Reply #176710 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

That's a brilliant photo. I can see why it won the award. Well done.

Reply #176767 | Report this post

Georgie  
Years ago

thats a great pic, i was at that game!

Reply #178283 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754