Isaac
Years ago

Are the Houston Rockets quiet achievers?

Seems to me that Houston escape a lot of talk and attention, but are quietly getting it done.

4-0 since Yao went out for the season injured. 16 game winning streak that is good for one of the best in NBA history. 20-1 over their last 21 games.

What's the secret? Have they had a comfortable schedule recently? Well coached? Good mix of talent?

Topic #14975 | Report this topic

mark  
Years ago

Other than home to Spurs, at the Hornets and at the Cavs its been a relatively easy run of games. Not to take it away from them, they've been playing pretty well.

I think that losing Yao is less of a blow than losing TMac would be. Yao is a great fantasy player, but his interior defence is pretty average.

I think they would have to maintain their fantastic form through to the playoffs if they want to be any more than a first round and out team in the crazy tough west.

Reply #176775 | Report this post

I think its because Dikembe is patrolling the paint

Reply #176887 | Report this post

frog24  
Years ago

I said it at the start of the season - luis scola is a dark horse for ROY. not so much a dark horse anymore though

Reply #176906 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Houston Rockets have always been quiet achievers and dark horses since T-Mac and Yao have joined. Sadly they are both regularly injured and long-term which always hurts.

The Rockets will do poorly in the playoff this season due to Yao's season ending injury. Dikembe has done well so far, but he's not young anymore and can't do things he once could. It won't be enough this season for playoff glory.

Look to next season.

Reply #176937 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:57 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754