Anonymous
Years ago

Free Iphone Websites - REAL or SCAMS?

(I know there is general iphone thread below but nobody seems to be posting much it anymore so I thought I'd start a new one).

I have come across several site like (Mod: Removed, don't want to promote this stuff.) and (Mod: Removed, don't want to promote this stuff.) where the idea is you subscibe to a free trial of a website, tell your friends about it and then they send you a free iphone. Spose there can't be anything to lose if they don't send it cause some of the website that you get to choose from are free to subscribe to.Is this a scam or is it for real?

Topic #14998 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Nah, they are for real and if you send me $10 to the address below I will send you a free iPod Nano.....

www.imasucker.com

Reply #177101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please actually visit it and check out the details and videos before you comment.

Reply #177107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just noticed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLW5oI9Vgxc

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyG-Gg0PQ3E

(and can someone tell me how to post a youtube video so you can watch it on the forum itself)

Reply #177108 | Report this post

Pulteney 94  
Years ago

does the fine print require you to be a US citizen though? Most of these types of scams offers do.

Reply #177110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont think u have to be us citizen.

Reply #177112 | Report this post

Pulteney 94  
Years ago

The first site requires you to sign up for a trial (meaning you need to supply your credit card).

The second site is a US site and in the terms and conditions it says it no longer sends phones to Florida, so i don't like your chances of getting one here.

Reply #177113 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just buy one. Those sites are engineered to be such a painful experience that you'll need to sell out your friends to get anything. The exchange rate is great so just pay for it.

Reply #177119 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

They make it sound so easy but if all you have to do is sign up for something and refer 8 friends and they give you a free iphone then surely alarm bells are ringing in your head. What would they stand to gain from this? How are they getting enough revenue from getting 8 email addreses that they can afford to buy a iphone and send it to you? They obviously aren't so the whole thing is clearly dodgy, and comments like this "The only thing I'm sure is that you'll receive your free iPhone in the mail within one or two weeks." are enough to set bells ringing as well. Basically saying "I don't know how this crazy thing works, but I promise it does, come on, you can trust me, I'm an anonymous person on the internet".

Conclusion: Scam.

Reply #177121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard that there might be ANOTHER price drop coming up, is that true?

Reply #177135 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

Just buy one. Those sites are engineered to be such a painful experience that you'll need to sell out your friends to get anything.
The first site all you need to (supposedly) do is sign up to several 7 day free trials. It just seems to good to be true so I think i'll leave it alone.

Reply #177141 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nah, go for it... what have you got to lose???? When you get your i-phone you'll have to try 199 Bongo...

Reply #177186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I actually did this. Did the offer, reffered some friends and got the ipod. Took a couple weeks to come after they said they shipped it, but hey! it was free!

Reply #177248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

r u actually being serious anon (177248)?

Reply #177281 | Report this post

Jonathon  
Years ago

Yer.
The hardest part was getting people to sign up for me as they thought it was a scam
I know you have no reason to believe me but the guy on that site has photos

Reply #177385 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No more promos about this. Less effort and less damaging to your friends if you just go out and buy one. Anyone linking to affiliate promos or the like will get a quick ban. If you want to pay to advertise, then do that. Otherwise, I don't want a spam free-for-all on here.

Reply #177387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Isaac. I just wanted to know about it, didn't mean to be a pain.

Reply #177421 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, that's OK - it's worth asking. I'm just saying that I think your best bet is to save up a bit of money and buy one. Those sites "work" because it is very, very, very hard to get the "free" iPhone and you have to sell-out friends to marketing scams and/or give up your credit card to a bunch of services that you might forget to cancel. Everyone signs up, the vast majority give up, and they win.

Reply #177426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:21 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754