fgafga
Years ago

Lets sign Gerald Green!!

the guy got cut.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5603689.html

he's not an NBA level player... and at best is a poor man's JR Smith.

the guy is only a good dunker.

Topic #15008 | Report this topic

Grote 60  
Years ago

why should we sign him if he's only a good dunker?

Reply #177189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only a good dunker in the nba

Reply #177190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disagree totally. I actually have his Celtics singlet. He was a high schooler, who when given decent court time, performed well. He is a pure shooter and an unbelievable athlete. To say he is only a good dunker is rediculous.

Reply #177197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would love to see him in a sixers uniform but it's rediculous to suggest that we would actually see him in the NBL. He will make another NBA team (and even if he doesn't he could earn heaps in europe).

Reply #177199 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

its ridiculous that two people dont know how to spell rIdiculous

Reply #177216 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i follow the celtics and he has little to no bball IQ. He is a great dunker, can nail the three but drives when he should pull-up and is really lapse on D. I'm sure he will get picked up somewhere over there, even houston may sign him up again as i think another of their bigs got hurt so they had to cut him and sign a fill in.

Reply #177220 | Report this post

Ebi Ere  
Years ago

Thats ridicolous to think that Gerald Green would even consider coming to Australia, therefore signing him is way out of the picture. Sure he has been dropped from the Rockets but i'm sure there are a few other NBA Teams which want him or even those in Europe. Think about it if you were Gerald Green.

Europe: $$$$$$$ and great level of play(just behind the NBA in skill)

Australia: limited $$$$ and not a great international league compared with Europe or the NBA

Reply #177225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

make that 3 people that can't spell rediculous jules !

Reply #177237 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Why? I think there would be some better/local/more affordable people around than him.

Jules

If you understood what was being said, it doesn't matter how it is spelt. Redickyouloss.

Reply #177253 | Report this post

haha, it was only two years ago he refused to work out with anyone but the top 6 teams in his draft. i'm glad he got cut

Reply #177273 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Ebi Ere I disagree with your comment re the level of play in the NBL - IMO it would be on par with the European leagues or not far off

Reply #177404 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Lockstock, not even close!

Reply #177408 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

NBL vs European leagues .

Our best teams Melbourne , Sydney , Brisbane with healthy Mackinnon would be reasonably competitive against most euro teams .

But overall we are a fair ways off ...

Put a West Sydney or Wollongong vs Panathinaikos or CSKA and witness the bloodbath .

Reply #177412 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754