Cat 15
Years ago

36ers depth players

I'm just wondering who we think will make up the 36ers squad in terms of youngsters/development players.
Will Sutton, Burdon and Dodman still be there.
Will Zorich make the list? Marcus Ng? Bungey? Molitor? Spadavecchia?
Ninnis certainly is in a great position to make the calls!
Thoughts everyone??

Topic #15034 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'd love to see Marcus Ng receive a call-up.

Reply #177444 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I think Dench should be a depth player.

Chuck him in the ocean and hope he never surfaces again.

Reply #177449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully Matt Sutton is never to be seen again !

Reply #177455 | Report this post

jokker  
Years ago

Marcus Ng was training with the team last year so would expect him to continue.However dont be surprised if we miss out on him and his brother Singapore are interested and new enviroment not showing a lot of respect to them.Also heard Sutton,Burton and Gerlach told they cant use the dome or the gym unless they call ahead and none of the elite group are using it.What a disgrace if this is accurate way to support and encourage our players.Yep things are on the up all ready by the looks of this.Cant wait to see what happens next.

Reply #177462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please bring Zorich in!!!!

Reply #177481 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I hope Sutton, Dodman and Burdon all get more consistant minutes this year. Going on for a minute or two in junk time does nothing for their confidence.

Reply #177486 | Report this post

jokker  
Years ago

Dodman and Sutton plyed more than junk minutes.Burdon was in early in a couple of games as well.Mail is Ninnis is not keeping any of them not allowed to use the court or the gym without permission.May change his tune when he realizes they are better than he thinks or he needs them.

Reply #177487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

must sign spud he is the fastest guy ive ever seen!!!!!!

Reply #177488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Spud??

Reply #177496 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Dodman has to be in the mix...loved watching him throw his weight around. Sutton cant shoot, he's out...its a business. Burdon could develop into a Bj Carter type, so sign him up for 10 years before Goorjian jumps on him haha

Wouldn't mind seeing the NG brothers on court together as Sixers too

Reply #177498 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Spud is Anthony Spadavecchia. (I hope the spelling is OK!)

Reply #177500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u don't mean yourself sturty?

Reply #177515 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

He's about an inch shorter than me, a lot lighter, a bit quicker but not as good looking........

Reply #177517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturty if the sixers use a spot on spud then ill hand in my season tickets. speed isn't everything in fact i would prefer a purely skillful team which is slow to a quick team which isn't as skillful.

Sure Spud my be one of West's Prodical Son's but honestly West have better players and if west has better players SA has better players.

Reply #177520 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They may pick someone in place of Sutton and won't fit Burdon in the ten if Maher is coming off the bench at SG. Also leaves no spot for Darren, I guess - he may have study commitments anyway.

Reply #177521 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

How far away is Molitor? I remember seeing him play school ball and thought he was that good he could have been anything. Am very surprised he hasn't gone to College. I did hear he has work ethic issues though! Any truth?

Reply #177523 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I was just answering a previous post on who 'Spud' was. I don't want to see him in a Sixers Jersey just yet. I don't think he is good enough for the NBL.

Reply #177529 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Zorich is very close. Definitely in front of Sutton.

Reply #177531 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

My guess would be Zorich. Was over in Melbourne with the Dragons two years ago when Ninnis was there and if you watch the Academy games is one of Scott's favourite and most consistent players.

Reply #177540 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jokker, you might want to check your info. Gerlach, Sutton and Burdon are able to use the gym. Other non-affiliated players (e.g., general ABA players tagging along with those 36ers players and development players) are not insured when it comes to use of the gym. Not sure how that has anything to do with Ninnis either.

Reply #177542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not hold an open training session for all ABA players who are interested - might just be a surprise who shines.

Reply #177544 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

When you have a coach who knows the local players pretty well then there is not a lot of point. One player may just have a good day, doesn't mean they are consistantly that good. But it would be a good idea to do a national invite to all clubs as well as contacting a number of players personally who you would like to try out. I know other clubs do this and if they personally invite you they generally pay for you to come over. But if you want to go and try out yourself then you pay your own way. I know of a number of guys who have tried out with interstate clubs this way. I haven't heard of the sixers doing this in the past but I could be wrong. I guess Phil would just go and recruit a 40 year old from the VBL or something...

Reply #177551 | Report this post

dont know  
Years ago

PANTHER YOU ARE WRONG

Reply #177582 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

About you being an idiot? On Global Warming? About horse number 6 in Race 5 today???? Care to elaborate there champ?

Reply #177584 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

An open try out at least shows you who is keen to play NBL. The way the league is these days it is no picnic for young guys breaking through with the amount of money they will earn. Some players who may be good enough simply don't want to be a pauper for 2 or 3 years.

Reply #177597 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

I've heard from a reliable source that Darren Ng is contemplating a significant offer from Singapore. Apparently Marcus could be joining him! I'd rather see them both here. :(

Reply #177610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they tried that last year right? it would be sad for darren to go. With the strides he made this season with brett out i would overpay him to keep him here as he is the logical replacement.

Reply #177612 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They did try that last year and I'd say he very seriously entertained the idea. As much as I like seeing him play here, I've also wanted to see both of them getting serious chances in Singapore - more minutes for them and would be great for the Slingers. They could see off Helms, start Darren at SG and spend an import spot on a PG instead of starting a SEABLer again.

Reply #177615 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:03 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754