TR
Years ago

Miami into tank mode.... Wade shut down

Seems that Miami is the first team to enter tank mode and is playing for the most ping pong balls.

The Miami Heat announced Monday that guard Dwyane Wade will undergo Ossa-Tron treatment (Shock wave therapy) on his left knee and is expected to miss the remainder of the 2007-08 season.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/51355/20080310/wade_out_for_season/

Expect the Bucks to possibly shutdown Mo Williams for the rest of the season with an ongoing ab strain.

The race for the most ping pong balls begins...

Topic #15036 | Report this topic

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

so do the miami season ticket holders get their money back? surely they dont wanna watch miami now

Reply #177494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I Won't mind seeing if Marion can be a franchise player .. something he longed to be for so long, well something he wanted enough to want to leave steve nash

Reply #177499 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

does that mean fox will stop showing the Heat games???

Reply #177501 | Report this post

I love the sun sports commentators

'Oh my...' ha ha

'That's Wade's 78th dunk of the year!'

'That's dorell wrights 14th field goal in his last 3 games'

oh well. Im sure David Stern will arrange it so Miami dont get the first pick

Reply #177503 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

anon what i mean is if people paid season tickets wanting to watch miami compete and do well and now they find out that they are "tanking" they'd maybe want a refund, i would!

Reply #177505 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

miami fans havnt been going to the games anyhow you cant give the tickets away. even if wade was playing miami dont need to tank to get the ping pong balls they would finish bottom regardless

Reply #177509 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Even Riley doesn't want anything to do with the team. He's left the team to go on a scouting mission. Not sure who is coaching the team at the moment.

Reply #177516 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

A little known Miami fact is that Riley is a part owner in the team

Reply #177518 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

And President as well isn't he? If Miami do get the number one pick, it is a huge decision, could make or break a franchise, so he needs to go and scout. What's the point of him coaching if they aren't going to compete post season! Good decision on both counts, rest Wade and Riley scouts.

Reply #177539 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:18 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754