Melvin Corpuscle
Years ago

ABL team lists released

Recently added to Central ABL site is a full list of players per team, with all ins and outs :

http://www.sportingpulse.com/pics/51/82/5182408_firstfileFILE.pdf

No big surprises ... though I'm wondering how the league will cope with the loss of A-R-Dub (recently touted as a 36er!)

Topic #15063 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

nah no longer 6er, decided to sign with the knicks after a long and hard think about it all

Reply #177795 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It's very interesting to see the team lists, Rees on Woodvilles list, Sapwell on Norwoods, Watson on Easterns but no sign of him as yet, is he injured? Also a very familiar name on the Bearcats list, one Daniel Micu! Daniel has more clubs than Greg Norman!!!

Reply #177796 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Southern Outs:

David Bowley (Sturt)
Matthew Clarke (Central Districts)
Brad Gerlach (Forestville)
Ben Hodges (retired)
Tim Hodges (retired)

Ouch! Correct me if I am wrong but there would have been a time at some stage in the last few years that ALL of these players started. They effectively lose a starting five and have only replaced them with Bungey.

Also a couple of interesting ones: Sapwell for Norwood and P Bauer for Sturt (but no D Ng). No significant outs for West but a couple of big ins (Truslove for whole season and Callier returning). South could struggle without Scanlon and whilst I think Centrals will get better I don't necessarily think their W-L will improve too much - there isn't too many guys on that team that scare me (except a fully fit Reggie - but is that likely?). Woodville may struggle, but Eastern could surprise a few teams if new coach Hampton can get some chemistry going (possibly easier to do now with no Bungey or Campbell?). Norwood should be strong but Forestville and North still the teams to beat.

Reply #177798 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Forgot to add, Darren Ng out for Sturt, Paul Bauer in!

Reply #177803 | Report this post

ABL  
Years ago

I think the rest of the league will be loving that Sapper is trying to play and coach.... Just look at Shane Heal, the experiment doesnt work.

Paul Bauer back in is interesting, wonder if its a camio role or for real.

Havent seen him in any trial games, blitz etc

Reply #177806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont think Sapper will actually be playing. Just on there as an emergency in case there are significant injuries. I would imagine the same with Paul Bauer.

Reply #177807 | Report this post

bb  
Years ago

Watson out with pre-season injury

Reply #177824 | Report this post

Hicksy  
Years ago

Panther, dont tell me you wouldnt sign up Micu to the 6ers for this season...that bloke is the best training bait going around...i use to love his warmup display of one handed dunks...ahhh the memories...might have to get out to a game to see the great man play!

Reply #177838 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Can we now refer to Eastern men as "Forestville-lite" or "Diet Eagles" ?

Reply #177870 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Eastern will do alright now that they have got rid of their 'Headcase'.
I like the look of Belal Abiad he is an exciting young player. Plus they added Jarrod Younnie.

Reply #177885 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

So they got rid of their 'Headcase' but added Younie. Hmmm...

Reply #177902 | Report this post

P and M LLB  
Years ago

Hey Panther, you played at a few clubs too. In fact, that is not the only thing you have in common with Micu. He was also a West junior and returned to play seniors with them. He also recently lit up the scoreboard in a reserves game in a similar way to you (see 11/3/08 West vs South).

Reply #177966 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hey hang on a second! I scored a lot more than 0 points a game...it was at least 4 points a game! But come on, he played for the Slingers! Micu definitely outranks me though when it comes to teams played at!

Reply #177974 | Report this post

Good luck to Eastern, Melvin. Some young eags getting a go... Good to see!!!

Reply #178435 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:05 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754