NPB
Years ago

Anstey always gets the Calls

Just watching the NBL Grabd Final, AND MAN it annoys me how many calls Anstey Gets. Even if someone touches him the refs call it a foul. What does everything think? Its some BS 4 Sure.

Topic #15087 | Report this topic

Fezlington  
Years ago

NPB.....are u from Sydney?

Reply #178094 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I think he is from sydney

Reply #178096 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

lol yes he must be from Sydney! I think the game was well reffed. I especially enjoyed in the 4th quarter when Worthington drove and got massively blocked by Anstey! Usually it would be called a foul when it clearly isn't. Great game! Well done Dmac!

Reply #178101 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

How do those grapes taste mate? Not too sour, I hope.

Reply #178109 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LMAO.......I know i was disappointed not to see the tigers win it on their home court.....but to see the lap it up and wacthh all those one game wankers who turned up to see the Kings for once cry

Atleast Perth, Melbourne and Adelaide have die hard fans who turn up each game win or lose

Watching it now.....they all gone home....SUCK SHIT SYDNEY!!!

Reply #178112 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

I kinda agree Anstey gets EVERYTHING. soft.

Reply #178117 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

So he should....he is that good, they have to foul him

Reply #178120 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Anstey DOESNT get all the calls. NPB IS a sydney fan. And the refs WERE terrible although you cant say they favoured either team.

Reply #178124 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

I'm not from Sydney- I hate Sydney and I agree, Anstey gets all the calls- hands down.
Two left feet, tripping over himself or his imaginary friend Milko and *BAM* the opposition always gets called for a foul- even if there's nobody within a 50km radius of him.
It must be sad to spend your whole career milking free throws and taking all day to run up the other end of the court.
I'm glad I'm short- I'd hate to be that tall, akward and gangly- he seriously looks stupid.
Although he does look a little better now thanks to Wortho's split lip....

Reply #178130 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Good call Duh!

I wish i was tall, gangly and tripping over my own feet and achieved everything Anstey has so far

The man has played NBA

Where do u play Duh!, besides with your little twinkie under the sheets at night

Reply #178132 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yeh but he didnt succeed in the nba. Sure playing nbl is great but wouldnt u feel robbed to be that close and just not actually be good enough? I agree he does get alot of calls...but didnt make that much difference to the game. Im glad the tiges are not a team full of tossas!

Reply #178135 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Dr bullshit think about what your saying.
"Sure playing nbl is great but wouldnt u feel robbed to be that close and just not actually be good enough?"
does this mean you look at andrew Gaze in the same way
won M.V.Ps/championships but couldnt quite crack the NBA to a high level of success?

Reply #178136 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Gaze is blessed with talent and was a wonderful player but he aint a 7 footer. A 7 footer that can shoot is invaluable in the NBA but still anstey didnt make it. That is the one thing im making my statement on. I rate andrew gaze as the best guard australia has ever had, but compared with the boys from the nba he just wasnt athletic enough.

Reply #178139 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Anstey was far from terrible in the NBA, when he was at the Bulls he averaged 6 points and 4 boards in 14 minutes over 73 games, he has a career high points of 26 and a career high of 16 boards. I think if he'd stuck it out he could have had a very servicable career but he obviously wanted to play as the main man elsewhere in the world.

Reply #178141 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Star players get star calls.... Simple as that...

It was no where need as bad as the Mavericks shafting at the hands of D-Wade a few seasons ago. D-Wade has getting calls his way during the warm ups.

Reply #178143 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Isn't Anstey going back to 'The Show' now for the last part of the season?

Reply #178148 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sturty, no, I think he was on a shortlist compiled by the Pistons of around 60 players. I assume that they then went with Theo Ratliff.

Reply #178157 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Anstey does attract a lot of foul calls for him, but as a good player he tends to have the ball a fair bit to.

Reply #178160 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

"does this mean you look at andrew Gaze in the same way
won M.V.Ps/championships but couldnt quite crack the NBA to a high level of success?"

No, Gaze won a ring. I am sure he would be happy.

Reply #178165 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

gotta love it how NPB starts the topic then goes missing....doesnt like the critisism one thinks???

Reply #178166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fez, i read what you wrote, and i still much prefer to be shorter, faster, athletic than someone who'd probably be utter crap if he wasn't so tall.
the myth that if you're tall you're good and can play is alive and well..... not very accurate though!
most people i know who can play realise that they don't have to be tall to play- some athleticism, reading plays, and having a brain will suffice.
(and no, i'm not talking about nba, just in general)
i'm not insecure, so your angle doesn't bother me in the slightest.
i don't want things i can't change, and i've never craved being taller let alone as tall as Anstey.
Nice assumption.
BTW- i don't have a twinkie- i have a big shlong-
like the one that sits on your forehead.....

Reply #178176 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

yes, i forgot to log in before i posted- sorry.

Reply #178177 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Keep dreaming tool

So u reckon Anstey is utter crap?

Keep playing NBA live mate.....thats about how much of a idea u have on the game

Reply #178179 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

fez have you ever picked up a ball (other than those mini ones you get at the game while you're sitting on your fat armchair 'sportsman' arse while stuffing your face with junk food?)
YOU'RE the tool and YOU need a life.
at least everyone else's posts contained some thought and brains- the smartest thing you can come up with is thinking about twinkies because it's obviously on your mind (hand) a lot.
that's as much energy as i'm prepared to waste on an obvious idiot.

Reply #178180 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Mate i have been posting here for years and have played basketball for 18+ years

I have coached jnrs and even my snr mens team when i ruptured my achilles

Dont talk to me about posting shit

Im not the one here saying that Anstey is a crap bballer and made it purely on him being a 7 footer

Anstey purely gets the calls based on his ability to dominate his opponent.

The bloke has a alround game

Reply #178183 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, and because stars tend to get calls.

I hate the "only good because he's tall" arguments - it's like saying a runner is only good because they had good genes conducive to a decent physique that enables them to run fast.

So what if he's gangly and looks like a dork - he was MVP for a reason.

Reply #178190 | Report this post

BillyHallSmith15  
Years ago

Another person realizes Fezlington has no idea what hes talking about. Join the ever growing club duh!

Anstey is selfish and dirty. Yes he is always protected by the refs and it is so annoying the way he locks his arms into his opponents and flails around until they get angry (like Wortho and Richart) or the refs call a foul on them. God help Australia if he takes someones spot on the boomers team. A 7-footer who relies on biased calls and the 3-point shot. We will be in big trouble.

Reply #178192 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL....its amazing how blokes who come on here say i have no idea....you look at their history on this site, and they all have less than 10 posts

If i had no idea, why arent some of the snr blokes here telling me that?

Also....what have i said in this thread to make you think i have no idea Billy Hal?

Reply #178193 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Fezlington gets my vote just for the twinkie under the sheets comment. NICE....

I started liking anstey after he slapped wortho in the face when the ball was not even close. definately a worthwile foul, just like the davidson one when he ran straight throught the screen and knocked the screener on his arse.

Andrew gaze got all the calls, jordan even got the calls, kobe, lebron the list goes on, all stars do get calls but they still have to develop their game to get to that level first, then you cant hurt them so are only allowed to tickle em.

Its funny how people complain(especially sydney fans complaining about calls) as in some of the sydney games i have seen they get away with everything on the defensive end. If i recall correctly maher hurt his calf again after been held(with both hands) and then trying to change directions and grab the ball as he lost control. Sydney's brutal on D and smack everyone constantly but its only a foul if the ref calls it as we all know so get away with what you can as if you dont someone else will..

Lets just be thankful we had an awesome 5 game series between 2 quality teams that showed what basketball has to offer. If only all games were as emotional and contested, the fans(non basketball also) would be streaming in.

Reply #178200 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sydney has been getting the calls all season long. Finally a game where the opposition was just if not more physical than them and they can't handle the pressure. The refs were all below par, but they didn't favor any team. It was down the line bad.

Sorry, but Anstey is a step above this league, like Ere.

If I had the career Anstey has had then I would be quite happy to be classed as 'sad'...

Reply #178207 | Report this post

NPB  
Years ago

Lol. I made the topic. I am not a Sydney Fan, but a NZ Breaker Fan. I live in New Plymouth, New Zealand. It was just something i noticed about Anstey. I don't like the Kings or the Tigers matter of fact.

Reply #178232 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Leave Fezlington alone. He must be alright he's a Carlton supporter.

Reply #178239 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

hahaha....hopefully they get a few more wins this season

Reply #178292 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

yep- give it a rest alright.
just because you've posted on here a lot it doesn't give you (or anybody) the right to thik you're judge, jury and executioner or of unquestioned superiority because of your posts...... interesting angle though!

Reply #178302 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

You are a dead set tool mate.....I havent judged anyone on here

In my opinion Anstey gets the calls coz he is the best player in the League

Thats all i gave....my opinion

Reply #178305 | Report this post

Pulteney 27  
Years ago

Do the hard work in the paint and get the calls, simple as that.

The ones that sag off him and go for the cheap shots, get called for it.

Reply #178373 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

Fez, you really don't have to keep proving to me what a moron you are- i already believe you and it seems from previous posts that you have a bit of a reputation for it.
in case you're too dumb to remember- we gave our opinions too- and you came straight in and shot us down for it- you like giving your opinion, but you don't like anybody questioning yours.
i haven't had the slightest problem with anybody else here that respects anstey- notice it's only you and your cheap shots.
as soon as you got one back and a taste of your own medicine, you cried like a girl about it.
try following your own advice and stop living in the past.
hope you feel popular now..... even if it's for all the WRONG reasons.....

Reply #178414 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

haha....well done clown

When you make a stupid comment like

Two left feet, tripping over himself or his imaginary friend Milko and *BAM* the opposition always gets called for a foul- even if there's nobody within a 50km radius of him.
It must be sad to spend your whole career milking free throws and taking all day to run up the other end of the court.

You obviously have no idea mate

Anstey is a step above this league stooge....thats why he gets the calls, and all the awards to go with it

Reply #178484 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

wow- still milking your 5 seconds of fame, huh?
what a loser- you are pathetic beyond words-
even anstey would be embarassed of you!

Reply #178487 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

you and anstey aren't dating are you?
it would probably explain why you're as obsessed with him and defending him like a high school girl, compared to everyone else who can handle a difference of opinion.
put down the puppy- you're suffocating it.....
loser has-been......

Reply #178489 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I hear ur mummy calling Duh!

Unlike you i know a talented bball player and dont call him a hack

We could argue all day on the subject, however whats the point

You obviously dont understand the game

Reply #178611 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

yes we could argue all day-
actually, it's what you've been doing all along, so why change that?
you not only don't understand the game, but don't even understand plain english either!!!
there you go ego tripping again and living in the past or living through other people- "unlike you i know a bball player"..... *cough*
that's right- you're the only one that knows a ball player.
the rest of us do too, but we don't come here to attack other people's opinions, make ignorant assumptions and talk sh*t all day.
get a life!!!!!!
you act dumber by the second!

Reply #178619 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Anstey - whether you like him or not, is arguably the best player in the League and could go back to Europe and commnmad multi-million $ salaries - that is how good he is. He could even go back to the States and crack the NBA again.
He choses not to for his own reasons.
He, along with a few other players in the NBL, a cut abover the rest of the league. That is a FACT.

Reply #178622 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

that's the difference LC, between your opinion with everyone else's and then there's good old fez.... in a class (clown) act of his own.
your statements and everyone else's are totally different to mine- we'll agree to disagree, but everybody else does it with tact and doesn't attack individuals that don't echo their opinions.
i've only done it to mirror fez's own behaviour, and needless to say, he doesn't like it.
as they say, what you often don't like about other people usually exists within yourself...
i respect everybody else's opinion on anstey.

Reply #178626 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Correct. And whether or not someone thinks he's gangly, trips over his own feet, etc is irrelevant. He gets calls. He gets star calls. The rest of this argument goes nowhere.

A tonne of fouls went unwhistled in that series!

Reply #178632 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Duh.....u turn my statement around every time.....i didnt say any bball player in General

I agree with you that he is a tall lanky, and sometimes looks un-cordinated however

ANSTEY is the best player in the League, and he gets the calls because he is a class above every other player in this league, especially those who play in his position

If you scroll to the top of this thread, you will see that i said this

Reply #178692 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Im not on here to win any popularity awards here mate

Not once have you answered the questions i have asked you.....you have picked the little parts of the post u want to, and turn it back around on me

If i was such a moron, wanker, clown, ignorrant, shit talker.....anything else ive left out that you have called me??

I wouldve copped it from Isaac, and other blokes who have been on here as well

And if you think im defending Anstey coz his my favorite player or coz im a tall bastard....i aint

Im 5'6"

I had a shot at you because you made a stupid comment that Anstey would not have made it had he been 7ft tall

Would Tiger Woods be as good as he is today, if he didnt pick up a club when he was a toddler??

Who knows

Even at 7ft tall, Anstey has a post game and a outside game, he is athletic, rebounds and blocks shots and can pass the ball

Not many 7 footers can boast that sort of game regardless of what league they play in

Reply #178699 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

oh now you want to show some flicker of intelligence in your post?
bit late....

Reply #178707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

code for "yeh, good points. i have no come back." hahah

Reply #178708 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

finally ....the bloke can read and comprehend what i said at the start

someone elevate him to 7th grade

Reply #178718 | Report this post

Jess  
Years ago

Fez, do us all a favour and shut up. I absolutely hate Anstey in fact I loved it when Paul Rees wanted to crack him one in Melbourne I think it was 2 seasons ago now. However, the amount of calls he gets is directly linked to how he plays and how much he has the ball. Also points of view would depend on which team you support. For example I am a 36ers fan and strongly believe that Adam Ballinger should have gotten a lot more calls this season whilst others probably think he gets too many.

so Fez shut up, get your hand off your Twinkie, and grow a pair because others have opinions of their own and it's a thing of accept it and move on. Or start your own web site... twinkie-under-the-sheets.com might be available.

Reply #178732 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Jess, i am a Wildcats supporter..........i aint a fan of the tigers or Anstey

I am making a statement....he gets the calls because he is the best player in the NBL

Reply #178811 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:25 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754