thedoctor
Years ago

"Tanking" - not only the AFL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3300421

Wolves owner Glan Taylor accuses KG of "tanking" by missing games last year. Poor form I say - KG can not be faulted on his time in 'Sota. Except maybe for taking nearly all of the cap every year.

Despite that, I find it hard to think of anyone who night in, night out, wants to win and puts his body and pride on the line. A tanker, KG is not.

Anyone disagree? Is the D-Wade decision to sit out the season a form of tanking?

Topic #15127 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Not to mention Marion sitting as well. That ESPN article (if it's the one I read this morning too) suggests that Memphis tanked by trading Gasol for crumbs.

Reply #178748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I seem to remember a sixers/taipans game a few years ago in cairns that was questionable too...

Reply #178827 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

As much as i hate d-wade, it's good that he is sitting out for the rest of the season becasue if he does further damage to his shoulder or whatever he's injired, that could be the end of his career. And that would just be a waste of talent.

Reply #178829 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754