Anonymous
Years ago

2008/2009 NBL Fixture

Does anyone know if the schedule for the upcoming season has been released?

Topic #15131 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to figure out which teams are in first, I guess.

Reply #178802 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Why, do you want to get in early for your season tickets.

Earlybird Discount. If you purchase season tickets for next season one week after this season has finished you get 25% off.

Reply #178825 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Sturty, Blaze have already started taking money for next seasons tickets.

Reply #178848 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Was going to say

Nobody vs Nobody shown on no networks, with no fans.
Hurts me to say it but there will be at least 2 teams not in next yr in my opinion.

Reply #178857 | Report this post

sh*thot  
Years ago

I thought the NBL didnt exist anymore. Everyone seems to be voting with their feet. Put the game out of its misery.

Reply #178952 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Whatever 178952.
The tigers vs Kings GF series was one of the best ever.
The last game that was played this season was the biggest crowd at a veneue that has struggled for numbers of recent times.
Next season things will start changing in Vic. A strong Dragons team vs a strong Tigers team will help reignite the Victorian passion for the NBL. A strong Sydney team again though would have helped following an awesome finals series.
Sixers need to be more practive in schools and get some serious interest in them. New coach should be onto this already (I hope!).

Reply #178953 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

10,244 people at game 5 - the league ain't dead.

Reply #178954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think interest in SA is an issue (this forum being evidence in itself).

Reply #178957 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

well said LC.
sh*thot or sh*thead obviously didn't watch the finals series.
the league is killing the game with it's incompetence.

Reply #178962 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

anon- a lot of people that get on here are not from sa.

Reply #178963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Biggest issue with the League is funding.

NBL are in the process of merging with BA and if IF the Boomers can sneak a medal this year then at the very least there will be some extra funding for the sport from the ASC.

Basketball is headed in the right direction it's taking a lot longer then IMO it should but changes are on the way.

On the topic of money is there a professional sports league in Australia where every club is making money. News this week is that the Australian Government has given the AFL clubs approx $2m in funding.

A-League despite the hype is a financial bomb shelter and even Rugby Union lost approx $4m last year.

Traditional Australian sports are proped up by the Government and media, soccer is being proped up by big name business men, the media (as it is the current fad sport) and the Australian Government.

All of these financial woes in traditional Australian sports and soccer are left alone by the media and accepted by the public. The only time an East Coast news paper dares to mention the sport it's to talk about the problems in the game.

The League will survive and once the management issues in the Head Office are sorted and some real funding is sourced then IMO the League with thrive once again.

Reply #178970 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

"10,244 people at game 5 - the league ain't dead."

Where were they the rest of the year?
One game doesn't help them survive a whole year,which they won't as the current Kings.

Reply #179009 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I have an inkling the nbl will be moving to a winter season and unlike the last time it switched seasons, it will wait a while before it starts again instead of straight away.

Reply #179081 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Qlder, game 5 and being the championship decider brings a lot fans to travel to support their team playing away from home. I don't doubt that some of 10,244 are made up of casual followers that had not supported the teams all year round, but most would be made up of supporters from both sides. Especially because the teams playing were Melbourne and Sydney, it meant that it was a relatively easy travel for Melbourne fans to get to Sydney. I am not surprised that so many went to this game.

Reply #179085 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:54 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754