me3
Years ago

div 1 team in A grade and wins

Fancy that a div 1 team enters A grade in the easter classic and wins games .Win at all costs hey Branko

Topic #15161 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Are you talking about Woodville U16's, if so I understand that they haven't won a game in the Div 1 district comp. Know that some other Clubs who arent having a lot of success asked to enter a Div 1 side in the A Grade and got told a resounding No. COuld be about evening up team numbers though.....

Reply #179170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is anyone sick of this tournament and the issues that keep on happening ? This used to be a great tournament but certain things have happened over the past two yrs that make it a little shady.

A lot of people put a lot of time in and it is a shame to see this happen.

Why do people go if it continues to be this way?

Reply #179173 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

if your talking about the woodville under 16's boys i know for a fact they havent won all their games

Reply #179174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you people serious!?

The grades are Championship, A Grade and B Grade.

District Basketball is Division One, Division Two etc.

Please explain to me why a Division One team automatically must play in the Championship Grade of a Tournament run by a club?

Reply #179177 | Report this post

NEC  
Years ago

Southern U18 boys have done the same thing.

Reply #179179 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Wheres the B grade comp?

Reply #179180 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

As i said earlier some weaker Div 1 teams asked to go into A grade and got told No - so how come it is ok for some teams and not others

Reply #179181 | Report this post

gutta  
Years ago

Also, I hear the clubs presidents daughter turned up for a game 1 min before the start & still was in the starting 5, yet another player, previously, who turned up 15min before the game, instead of the required 30, couldn't start. Double standards???????

Reply #179183 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Qutta - what has that got to do with anything related to this post. FOr the record it happens in all Clubs not just your's, where kids come late and are in the starting five but it actually has nothing to do with whose kid they are - it just what it is - a coaching decision.

Reply #179184 | Report this post

sheep stations  
Years ago

er Qutta you don't disadvantage the child.
Did the child drive to the game?

Reply #179187 | Report this post

me3  
Years ago

It says that Div 1 teams should nominate in Championship not in A grade in the tournament rules/terms of entry

Reply #179188 | Report this post

under 16  
Years ago

woodville playing there div 1 side in a grade, well why not, they often play some div 1 players and div 2 players in there low grade teams each week (sometimes under different names) letting the player place twice in one week. they seem to get away with it, no one seems to stop it, so why complain when they play div 1 in a grade, the boys need to win a game now and then

Reply #179195 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

they seem to get away with it, no one seems to stop it,

under 16
if you are so sure of yourself take complain BSA

if team wants to nominate pay the fee and organizers accept nomination
remember they reserve right to refuse nominations then stop moaning = makes you sound like a boofhead

Reply #179201 | Report this post

Yellow Eyes  
Years ago

Was asked to nominate 2 Div 1 teams in A grade and asked the Tournament committee to consider this. They said yes after taking into account the teams are dead last in the district comp and had no problem with it. Its a pity people have to complain about giving a team a chance to maybe win a few games and gain some confidence, gee they wont win the comp so whats the problem? All done above board and cleared by Norwood so end of story.

Reply #179218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 16 What the hell are you on about re playing div 1s in div 2 - the Woodville club would not allow this to happen as it is blatantly against the rules. Maybe the players were on a rotation system. Anyhow get off their back and let them enjoy a little bit of confidence building - they have not harmed anyone in the Easter Carnival and have come away with a bit more self esteem and confidence in playing and winning

Reply #179227 | Report this post

of interest  
Years ago

Yellow eyes

cheating is cheating. love the way you justify it.
Enjoy your wins ..... you have worked hard to earn them.

Reply #179232 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anonymous - What a load of crapola first you say that the Woodville CLub would not allow it then try and justify it by saying "they were on a rotation system" and "let them enjoy some confidence building" you dont believe and you contradict your own words.

Reply #179239 | Report this post

Yellow Eyes  
Years ago

Of Interest- cant see your point about cheating. It isnt, as I explained the committee had no problem with it and everything was in the open. Those players hopefully have gained some confidence and will do better in the district comp. Those teams will not win the A grade and although I havent checked all results I am sure they didnt win all their games. It seems there is always a few who want to stir the pot and besides I am sure you have no real idea which teams I am talking about!

Reply #179240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why dont you read posts - there was not justification for any sort of rorting in the DISTRICT competition. The words used were "maybe they were on a rotation system". Secondly the Norwood Carnival is not a DISTRICT carnival and organisers allowed this lowly ranked team in district comp to play in A Grade - so once again get off their backs

Reply #179241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread needs to be closed

Reply #179242 | Report this post

Yellow Eyes  
Years ago

Yeah its going to disolve into another slinging match, cant people accept its a carnival, its getting kids on the courts and teams from Melbourne here so we can see them before the Clasics and it aint playing for sheep stations. BTW being at Wayville all weekend congrats to the people manning the Admin office,great job!

Reply #179244 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Perhaps then they should be in Div 2 in the District Comp? if they are that lowly ranked and needing confidence building!

Reply #179247 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

anon
Perhaps then they should be in Div 2 in the District Comp? if they are that lowly ranked and needing confidence building!

whoever you are go find another interest - you talk with false tongue as said before this thread should be locked - its just a bash with no foundation
div 1 team in a greade and wins - wins what ???
dont you have to play i grand final to win
to the clown who started this take a running jump boof
take it up with BSA - no foundation on claims

Reply #179284 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It is not a bash and I certainly do not talk with false tongue. It is the Woodville people commenting on this thread that are implying that the team needs confidence building and are lowly placed in the district competition. I have only used the wording supplied. It therefore makes sense that others would ask why are they in the Div 1 comp? I am sure there are other teams that would jump at the opportunity to take their place and get some competition better than Div 2. You have turned it into a Woody bash by getting so defensive and asking for the thread to be locked. It is a discussion not a bash. I'm just curious to know why other lowly teams who needed confidence building weren't also allowed to enter into the A grade, as yet no-one seems to have the answer. And for the record I did not start this thread!

Reply #179302 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you have a complaint, please take it to the appropriate people - BSA, Woodville, carnival organisers, whoever that might be.

Reply #179327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#302.Probably because they didn't think of it.

Reply #179331 | Report this post

bad luck  
Years ago

The original comment was about Southerns 12 1s going into the 12 2s comp. Unfortunately they lost to Sturts div 2s and just shows the argument for pro/rel!

Reply #179339 | Report this post

Well done to all the div 2/3 girls U12 who came up against the div 1 southern team with one or two from lower grades in the side. Dont believe the lies they were a Div 1 team who expect to win the A comp. Look at Friday night you will see the same team play Div 1 under 12.
Several teams got beat badly while the "confidence wins" took place. All that happen was the div 2 teams got great experience and their game improved.
While southern game went backwards beating Sturt div 2 in the minor rounds only to lose in the GF.
But while this was happening in the A comp the Div 1 SA teams they are going to be playing against gain valuable experience and game development playing the Vic teams in the Championship comp. Yes several lost but the experinence for the kids was surely more valuable than gaining cheap "confidence wins"
Well done to Woodville look forward to seeing the score line when southern match up with Woodville.
Southern Coach it is Div 1 act like the Sturt coach with experience and maturity instead of an idiot jumping around the sidelines like it's a circus.
Well done to Sturt team of 9 year old beating a team of 10 year olds in a divison higher. Either it is outstanding or Southern is now basically just a social club wearing district colors or both.

Reply #179380 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

woodville's under 16 boys should not be in div 1 they came in the bottom 8 on the weekend in A grade and there just not up to div 1 standard, no offence to them but they are utterly hopeless

Reply #179409 | Report this post

Yellow Eyes  
Years ago

"Well done Div 2 girls", I think the result proves that the Southern girls were in the right place. Sure they won some games but as you pointed out a better team won and congrats to them. What possible use is it having an easybeat team in Champ when they were competetive in A grade. As ive stated previously it was all done thru the Norwood committee so what is the problem. Same with the 18 boys, winning some games was great and as their coach said the bonding and self beleif was evident as the weekend went on so the experiment worked. And besides it WASNT State Champs so get over it.

Reply #179468 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

You can't take Woodville out of div 1 2 and 3 and put them into 2 3 and 4 as they would be way too strong.

Reply #179474 | Report this post

Welldone div 2 girls

You cant be serious "Southern Coach it is Div 1 act like the Sturt coach with experience and maturity instead of an idiot jumping around the sidelines like it's a circus"

As a parent I would say the speech from the Sturt coach after the game was one of the most condescendng I have heard and showed the arrogance of Sturt.

By the way can someone at your Club let him know we are not Noarlunga anymore. I mean he said it twice.

By the way anytime they would like to play our actual Div 1 side let us know.

Reply #179508 | Report this post

fork tongue  
Years ago

Southern cheating did not work. It was not done to gain experience the so call coach said "we will easily win the A comp"
If Sturt were to put there Div 1 team in the A grade for "bonding and self belief" hoops would have gone nuts and had a melt down.
Because Southern cheats hardly a wishper because no one cares.
With Southern performances as a club no-one needs to care because they wont be a threat except for 18 girls
Love the excuses and lies stated to justify cheating.. lets hear some more
Sky is falling everyone wants to play the Div 1 side because they want the percentage win

Reply #179531 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

I had two kids playing in the carnival over the weekend.

My kids got heaps out of the games and learnt some huge lessons on the court that we had been trying to teach them for some months.Playing against the Vics anytime is a worthwhile experience.

The comp may have its problems but I would say they are easily worked out.

Looking forward to next Easter.

Well done Norwwod.

Reply #179557 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Man of the Moment

woodville's under 16 boys should not be in div 1 they came in the bottom 8 on the weekend in A grade and there just not up to div 1 standard, no offence to them but they are utterly hopeless

maybe look further you might notice most of team are first years doing it tough but arent sooks or derogative
thanks for you astute observation man of the moment
really helpful no doubt you are an expert so appreciate your input

Reply #179608 | Report this post

under 16  
Years ago

to anon, half of our div 1 players are second year, there are at least 4 of us. Yes we struggle but we know how to keep trying and we are not sooks, yes we may come top if we go in div 2, but we want to improve thats why we stay in div 1

Reply #179624 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:00 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754