Syd Sixers Fan
Years ago

Rookie salaries in the NBA

Reading some of the theads people talk of NBA salery caps. Why should rookies get a big salery with out showing how good they are?? if you have read rodmans books he has a good point. Pay minimum pay till u prove you can play. Players like Le Bron ect. can play and draw the big pay but a good team can win with out them. Jordan was great but with out the best role players he didnt win the tiltle. The celtics and lakers? I would love people to tell me other wise.......... you dont need players that are the best to win....ps dont tell me i cant spell i know that....

Topic #15166 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

In most cases they have? They play, without salary, for 1-4 years in college.

Just like anything else, if you want to be the first to have something, you have to pay more.

Oden and Darko asside, which top 3 picks haven't been worth the money in the past 5 or so years?

Reply #179221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think they earn the big bucks in their first few years. Maybe 3-4 million a season? Would be interesting to find out earlier contract prices for Lebron, Carmelo & Wade for example, compared to now 4 years down the track.

Reply #179228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think they earn the big bucks in their first few years. Maybe 3-4 million a season? Would be interesting to find out earlier contract prices for Lebron, Carmelo & Wade for example, compared to now 4 years down the track.

Reply #179229 | Report this post

i before e  
Years ago

SALARY

CELERY

There's your two choice's buddy

Reply #179235 | Report this post

Jackson Aldridge  
Years ago

You already get a chance to prove how good you are. Its called NCAA College Basketball.
How well athletes have done it yet, indicates how well they will do in the NBA. E.G Kevin Durant carved up College Ball at Texas and then has backed it up at Seattle this year nearly averaging 20 a game.

Reply #179245 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Oden aside....WOW...thats a shocking call

Oden and Darko in the same breathe...

Reply #179248 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

I wouldn't go critisizing (i also can't spell) Oden just yet cause he hasn't played a game yet. And it's ot his fault either. Darko was just shithouse. And did he even play college? At least Oden played college and did something there.

Reply #179249 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

i before e,

There is nothing worse than making a post that points out a spelling or grammatical error and making one yourself at the same time.

Reply #179250 | Report this post

PHD in shot  
Years ago

ODEN hasnt played yet and i mean thats the thing look at jj reddick he could play college ball but is not exactly the best NBA player so its not much of a guideline i mean there are players u can watch and go yeah there gonna be huge and theres players u cant

Reply #179251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

first round draft picks are on a guaranteed scale pay based on which number they go. Every no. 1 pick has the same scale over 3 years with an option for the 4th I think?? same with 2nd, 3rd picks etc. SO really if you are drafted like Lebron and are a gun you cannot earn what you are worth until 3 or 4 years once that rookie scaled contract is up. But it works out not so bad for someone like him cos you can just go out and get nike to pay you 100 mill for a sponsorship instead, so prob didnt upset him too much I reckon.

Reply #179256 | Report this post

Jackson Aldridge  
Years ago

"PHD IN SHOT':
Agreed, But if you look at MOST college players who went to NBA. Most of them you could say, proved their ability in College and have showcased that in the NBA, thus their Salaries are justified.

Reply #179258 | Report this post

Are you a moron, threadstarter. You do know the rules have been changed since Rodman wrote that book?

Reply #179309 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

The most a rookie makes is about 4 million. Only the top 20 picks earn more than 1 mill in their first year. None of them get a big salary at all.

Reply #179511 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:36 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754